REAR BRAKE DISCS AND PADS CHANGE .2LTR 2009 TSI

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
miriam2elsa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: sunroof folding mirrors rear sensors flat tyre indicator

REAR BRAKE DISCS AND PADS CHANGE .2LTR 2009 TSI

Post by miriam2elsa »

Have changed many pads and discs over the years .Well over ten years ago.Feeling a bit rusty.Anything special i should know.Do the pistons just push back. ,any thing special about handbrake connections. What is the torque of the callipher bolts or just make tight tight. Out of money with garage bills
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: REAR BRAKE DISCS AND PADS CHANGE .2LTR 2009 TSI

Post by Cuprabob »

The pistons on the rear wind back so you'll need a wind back tool.
miriam2elsa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: sunroof folding mirrors rear sensors flat tyre indicator

Post by miriam2elsa »

Hi thanks. can you improvise on this in any way. Presume you wind out anticlockwise.
Astonbarlow
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Full leather interior, heated seats, NAV, Bluetooth, dual climate control, gloss black alloys, piano black trim, gloss black exhaust tips, DAB, DCC.

Post by Astonbarlow »

I would use a proper wind back tool. Its hard enough with that never mind improvising. Also I bought a cheap wind back tool at first and found it didn't fit within the caliper. Im guessing your pads are quite low? So you'll probably struggle with a cheap one. I had access to a professional set through work so made the job easy. You can always try a cheaper one and return if it doesn't work though, some places are quite good for that.

Also caliper bolts - they are not usually very high torque but i nipped mine up tight and applied thread locker beforehand to be safe.