Coolant temperature sensor location TSI 2.0

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Solosheep

Coolant temperature sensor location TSI 2.0

Post by Solosheep »

Hey guys

I might be going mad but I can’t locate the coolant temperature sensor on my Roc. Googled and found pictures of the sensor on other VW makes but not on the Roc. I have a 00770 error and think needs to have the sensor replaced.

Does anyone have a picture of the location?

Thanks
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Coolant temperature sensor location TSI 2.0

Post by Cuprabob »

Item 10 on the following link
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/ca ... 908/lang/e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Solosheep

Post by Solosheep »

Great link thanks for that.

I’m looking at the second engine on the picture the lower one. Mine is 2009 however my oil stick is in a different location. I hope the sensor is not behind the intake manifold?!
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

You can obviously go through the site and pull out the info for 2009.
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/ca ... 908/lang/e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Solosheep

Post by Solosheep »

Thanks buddy! I did do this and it look almost identical. The bottom picture I believe is the Petrol and number 10 is the item and looking at it I think it will be hidden behind the manifold. Would you agree?

I have seen people change this on other VW engines but appears to be a bigger job in this case?