Body flex on 2012 R

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Bops
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Body flex on 2012 R

Post by Bops »

Hey all,

I'm hearing creeks & sounds from the body when I go over bumps or on/off driveway. Is this normal?
I'm assuming that as the car is pillerless, there would be more flex in the body. Is there any way to stiffen this & are there any down sides to doing this? Have looked at strut braces but not sure if that's the way to go.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Bops

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Re: Body flex on 2012 R

Post by Zanic L3 »

MY 2009 2.0 TSI has some annoying cracking on the left pillar behind the driving seat (LHD). It feels like it's coming from the rear left small window, It has been posted here before but it seems that it's just the way its constructed and can't really fix it. It's a bit annoying but I'm over it and don't really pay any attention to it anymore. It's also a 9 year old car obv.
blower
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver

Post by blower »

This will most likely be your door seals creaking - common problem on all VAG cars (and nearly all modern cars for that matter)

Solution is either massive stiffening of body - which may not stop it completely.
or Gummi Pflege : " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This stopped pretty much all my creaking, you have to reapply every 6 months or so.
Bops
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green

Post by Bops »

What is this Gummi Pflege. I've never heard of it.

As far as stiffening the car goes, what would be the recommended steps?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Bops wrote:What is this Gummi Pflege. I've never heard of it.
It is a rubber treatment product and is brilliant on door seals and window rubbers, especially in the winter months as it prevents the door window freezing to the rubber and allows it drop easy.

It can be quite difficult to get hold of but Blower has been kind enough to provide a link to the product.