Scirocco R help?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ryanharkess
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: None

Scirocco R help?

Post by Ryanharkess »

Buying a new car next month but not sure wether scirocco R is the right choice! Other choices are Audi s1 or BMW 135i could just do with some reviews off driving any off these cars? Thanks
dotcodotuk

Re: Scirocco R help?

Post by dotcodotuk »

Right... three totally different cars there. One 4WD, one RWD and one FWD. I wouldn't even put the Scirocco in the same bracket as the other two - sure, it's a hatchback, but it's not going to drive anything like the others.

What do you actually want? I am assuming 'new' means new to you, otherwise good luck buying a new Scirocco R!
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

dotcodotuk wrote:Right... three totally different cars there. One 4WD, one RWD and one FWD. I wouldn't even put the Scirocco in the same bracket as the other two - sure, it's a hatchback, but it's not going to drive anything like the others.

What do you actually want? I am assuming 'new' means new to you, otherwise good luck buying a new Scirocco R!
The S1 will also be mainly FWD I'm guessing since its audi after all
Bops
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green

Post by Bops »

I've not driver the S1 or the 135i so can't comment on performance. As far as look go, you can't go past the Scirocco. They are pretty unique on the roads. Mine is a 2012 model & I have people constantly coming up to me asking about the car.
I had an S3 prior & was good to drive but looked like any other 3 series Audi.

Hope this helps :)
Ryanharkess wrote:Buying a new car next month but not sure wether scirocco R is the right choice! Other choices are Audi s1 or BMW 135i could just do with some reviews off driving any off these cars? Thanks
Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
dotcodotuk

Post by dotcodotuk »

Zanic L3 wrote:The S1 will also be mainly FWD I'm guessing since its audi after all
Well, yes, but it'll be a damn sight more 4WD than the other two! :D

Semantics aside, and I'm not totally disagreeing with your point, it still counts as a 4WD option for the OP.
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Yeah but it's more fwd based if it detects some slip it will send power to thr rear I guess. But I don't think it will ever send 100% of the power to the rear.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Zanic L3 wrote:Yeah but it's more fwd based if it detects some slip it will send power to thr rear I guess. But I don't think it will ever send 100% of the power to the rear.
As far as I can see, no one said 100% could be sent to the rear. The S1 uses the Haldex system the same as is used on the S3, TT and Golf R. Yes, you are correct it has a front wheel bias and requires some slip at the front wheels before power is transferred to the rear. However, speaking from experience, the system does provide excellent traction and grip.

The S1 is a pocket rocket and would be my choice of the 3 options offered
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Cuprabob wrote:
Zanic L3 wrote:Yeah but it's more fwd based if it detects some slip it will send power to thr rear I guess. But I don't think it will ever send 100% of the power to the rear.
As far as I can see, no one said 100% could be sent to the rear. The S1 uses the Haldex system the same as is used on the S3, TT and Golf R. Yes, you are correct it has a front wheel bias and requires some slip at the front wheels before power is transferred to the rear. However, speaking from experience, the system does provide excellent traction and grip.

U are betraying the Scirocco! :cry:
The RS3 doesn't use the Haldex system?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Zanic L3 wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:

U are betraying the Scirocco! :cry:
The RS3 doesn't use the Haldex system?
The RS3 does use the Haldex system. It's the larger Audis that use the Torsen system.