All wheel buttons and horn not working

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Harry_VW
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Heated leather, navigation, panoramic roof, 19" lugano, pearlescent black.

All wheel buttons and horn not working

Post by Harry_VW »

Hi, all my steering wheel buttons, horn and flappy paddles have stopped working. I believe the cause is the clock spring, has anyone done this before? TPS want £211 for a new clock spring, that seems a lot? Someone also told me i can do the cruise control upgrade and that will also solve the issue?
blower
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver

Re: All wheel buttons and horn not working

Post by blower »

Pre 2015 models it should only be £90 for the clock spring (vw dealership price)
2015 onwards, the clock spring is integrated into the steering column module and is a lot more expensive (as above)
Harry_VW
Options: Heated leather, navigation, panoramic roof, 19" lugano, pearlescent black.

Post by Harry_VW »

VW were asking for £230 something
Harry_VW

Post by Harry_VW »

just fitted a brand new clock spring and it hasnt fixed it and it now says i have an airbag error!
Harry_VW

Post by Harry_VW »

okay, some buttons are now working and some are not. The up and down and middle buttons are working, along with the horn. The voice control button now does what the phone button used to do and mute the radio. Left and right buttons are not working along with the phone button and flappy paddles.

Does this sound like a coding issue?
blower
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver

Post by blower »

yes it will be a coding issue - i'm assuming with the price you paid it is the newer model which has the steering column electronics module built into it - this will need to be properly coded for everything to work correctly.
You will need something like VCDS or can pay up the nose for VW dealership to do it.