Stage 1 clutch advice

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
scottwilliams97
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Stage 1 clutch advice

Post by scottwilliams97 »

As above- I’ve gone stage 1 on my 2.0 tsi and the clutch has began to slip quite badly.

I’m looking to replace it with the Sachs performance clutch from awesome gti- however I also have the clutch release bearing noise, so I’m looking into replacing this also.

Can someone link me to/ provide me with part no. For the release bearing I need please as I can’t seem to find it.

Cheers lads :shake:
scottwilliams97
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Re: Stage 1 clutch advice

Anyone ?
JeffW
In: Deep Black
Options: 260bhp Stage 1 remap, EBC brake upgrade
H&R ARBs, WALK, KW lowering springs,
K&N intake, sports cat down pipe

Post by JeffW »

Unless you’re changing the clutch yourself, I’d just ask your garage to supply & fit a new bearing. So far as I know it’s not an upgradable part, so they’ll get an OEM one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scottwilliams97

Thanks for the reply jeff; I managed to source one from awesome gti in the end.

How has your clutch coped with stage 1?
JeffW

Post by JeffW »

Haven’t had any issues with the clutch. If yours has been a problem, maybe it was near needing replacement anyway. Just bad luck, but worth upgrading. Let me know how you get on with the new one [emoji3]

scottwilliams97

Lucky you!
My car seemed to produce a stupid amount of torque at stage 1 -maybe the reason for the clutch failure?
its now decatted and awaiting stage 2; so the new clutch cant go in soon enough.
JeffW

Post by JeffW »

Stage 2 ?

Good man !

I have to admit I’ve been looking at going to stage 2 and pricing it up. Maybe when my insurance is due for renewal [emoji846]

You’ve kept your catted downpipe for getting it through the MOT I presume?

Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

I got the Sachs Performance clutch kit (direct from Sachs) and a new Sachs dual mass flywheel (from Euro Car Parts).

I also got a new release bearing/CSC which was a genuine part from VW. Definitely worth getting it from there it was good quality. Try your nearest VW garage and ask their parts department.

I will probably look into a single mass flywheel next clutch kit next as it seems the dual mass flywheels tend to fail before the clutch material, atleast for me.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
scottwilliams97

Psycho Kirky wrote:I got the Sachs Performance clutch kit (direct from Sachs) and a new Sachs dual mass flywheel (from Euro Car Parts).

I also got a new release bearing/CSC which was a genuine part from VW. Definitely worth getting it from there it was good quality. Try your nearest VW garage and ask their parts department.

I will probably look into a single mass flywheel next clutch kit next as it seems the dual mass flywheels tend to fail before the clutch material, atleast for me.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice! Cars currently in for the Sachs Performance clutch kit as we speak as well as the release bearing (mine was on its way out )

Cant wait to collect it now
scottwilliams97

JeffW wrote:Stage 2 ?

Good man !

I have to admit I’ve been looking at going to stage 2 and pricing it up. Maybe when my insurance is due for renewal [emoji846]

You’ve kept your catted downpipe for getting it through the MOT I presume?

Yes kept the oem catted pipe for MOT - hoping to find someone 'friendly' enough to save me the hassle but its proving rather difficult with these upcoming MOT laws etc.

Oh well fingers crossed- its worth the hassle, especially with the ear drum shattering sound :clap: