Did the R ever come with 17" wheels?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
AyBee
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Did the R ever come with 17" wheels?

Post by AyBee »

And if so - how do I tell whether my car was originally ordered with them please?
Phil
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: Did the R ever come with 17" wheels?

Post by Phil »

Nope - just 18" and 19"
Phil
AyBee

Post by AyBee »

Thanks Phil - Does anyone know which part number I'm looking for for the 19" please (should be a Talladega from the 2010 model)?
kentech
In: Rising Blue

Post by kentech »

AyBee wrote:Thanks Phil - Does anyone know which part number I'm looking for for the 19" please (should be a Talladega from the 2010 model)?
1K8601025G

https://www.alufelgen-katalog.de/felge/ ... 25g/12432/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/273090611897?rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AyBee

Post by AyBee »

Thanks very much kentech - that's what I thought but I found a 19" Talladega on the volkswagen.com site which had a different part number so got slightly unsure.
kentech

Post by kentech »

AyBee wrote:Thanks very much kentech - that's what I thought but I found a 19" Talladega on the volkswagen.com site which had a different part number so got slightly unsure.
They were available for/on the Golf 6 R as well, but with a different offset (ET).
Delberthot
Options: Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors

Post by Delberthot »

I read something online yesterday stating that you could order 17"s fitted with winter tyres, even for the R but I don't know if that was only in certain parts of mainland Europe where they are compulsory
kentech

Post by kentech »

Delberthot wrote:I read something online yesterday stating that you could order 17"s fitted with winter tyres, even for the R but I don't know if that was only in certain parts of mainland Europe where they are compulsory
Yes, that was possible. They were called St. Moritz (6,5 x 17 ET 39) and that was the official "winter tyre set" that you could get from the factory when ordering your car.
https://www.alufelgen-katalog.de/felge/ ... 25f/12424/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got a set of these with mine as my car was sold new in Germany.

Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

AyBee wrote:Thanks very much kentech - that's what I thought but I found a 19" Talladega on the volkswagen.com site which had a different part number so got slightly unsure.
As said, the 19" Talladega was also available for the Golf but it has an offset of ET51 as opposed to ET41 on the Scirocco.

There are also different colours of 19" Talladegas.

This site is useful for OEM part numbers.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/parts_lst/mark ... 651/lang/e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can read the part number on the back of one of your existing wheels.
AyBee

Post by AyBee »

Thanks all - I was needing to replace a cracked 19" Talladega and the garage had said that they could source one for about £500 (new). When it turned up, it was a 17" wheel and the garage told me my car originally came with 17s. I didn't think the R originally came with 17s, just 18s or 19s so thanks for confirming my thoughts. I suspect the garage were just trying to pull a fast one to make up for their mistake. Anyway, since they wanted an additional £300 for a new 19" Talladega, I sourced a refurb which is being fitted tomorrow :)