Wobbly gear stick

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
stecha05
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Wobbly gear stick

Post by stecha05 »

Hi there I have a 2009 6 speed manual and my gearstick seems to have alot of play forward and backwards, side to side seems to be okay. I've done some research and I'm hoping I just need to replace the bushing on the stick and maybe the bushing on the linkage underneath. The problem I'm having is I can't find where on earth I buy them from, everytime I search it just brings up the classic scirocco parts and not the new model. If anyone could help i would really appreciate it thanks. :)
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: Wobbly gear stick

Post by xjay1337 »

I would spend a little bit extra and buy a full shift linkage kit.
I have an Ebay quickshifter kit (with a mod to the bolt/nut to make it better).
42dd bushes
AKS Tuning shifter linkage kit

It's a really good shift.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
LektroiD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather heated seats.
Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB head unit.
Rockford Fosgate Punch active sub.

Re: Wobbly gear stick

Post by LektroiD »

xjay1337 wrote:I would spend a little bit extra and buy a full shift linkage kit.
I have an Ebay quickshifter kit (with a mod to the bolt/nut to make it better).
42dd bushes
AKS Tuning shifter linkage kit

It's a really good shift.
Hi I also have a problem with a sloppy gear stick, although mine is loose from left to right.

Can you link in your ebay listing, or PM me the link? I'm only finding old 'MK1/2 Scirocco stuff on eBay...