Rocco 2009 front seat cushions swap

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
woutromghax
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: Manual box

Rocco 2009 front seat cushions swap

Post by woutromghax »

Hi all,

I am Wouter, 26y old living in the Netherlands.

I have purchased a 2009 1.4 160hp scirocco recrntly. To be hounoust the car is great, I have already swapped the rcn315 with android radio and painted the interior trim black. I will open a showroom topic soon. The only downside is the driver's seat cushion. It is weak and soft. The cushion on te passenger side gives more support do to wear of the driver's cushion. As I have a pretty weak back I get pain often due to this.

Hope to get some info from this forum on how to swap the seat cushions from driver side to passenger side and vice versa.

Are these cushions switchable at all ? Just want to know before taking the efforts of course. Maybe you have some tricks and tips in doing so.

Many thanks.

woutromghax

Re: Rocco 2009 front seat cushions swap

Post by woutromghax »

Ended up letting it do by a pro. Swapping cushions and adding some new foam onto it was 125euros.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Sounds like a good price, i gues non heated?
The passenger seat has occupation detection in it for the seatbelt warning, seat heating and airbag etc.
So not reccomended to take this out and swap it.
DJC013
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Heated Leather Seats, RCD510 Stereo, DynAudio System

Post by DJC013 »

woutromghax wrote:Hi all,

I am Wouter, 26y old living in the Netherlands.

I have purchased a 2009 1.4 160hp scirocco recrntly. To be hounoust the car is great, I have already swapped the rcn315 with android radio and painted the interior trim black. I will open a showroom topic soon. The only downside is the driver's seat cushion. It is weak and soft. The cushion on te passenger side gives more support do to wear of the driver's cushion. As I have a pretty weak back I get pain often due to this.

Hope to get some info from this forum on how to swap the seat cushions from driver side to passenger side and vice versa.

Are these cushions switchable at all ? Just want to know before taking the efforts of course. Maybe you have some tricks and tips in doing so.

Many thanks.

Nice wheels !! :) :yes:
woutromghax

Post by woutromghax »

Roy_01 wrote:Sounds like a good price, i gues non heated?
The passenger seat has occupation detection in it for the seatbelt warning, seat heating and airbag etc.
So not reccomended to take this out and swap it.
That's correct, non heated. Also, the sensors have been swapped indeed.

I took out the seat myself at first however I was afraid messing things up due to the complexity of it. Just gave it to a pro and he fixed it in a couple of hours, money well spent I have to say.