2017 R remapped

Everything about the R for potential owners.
hilder
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Urano Grey
With a: Manual box

2017 R remapped

Post by hilder »

Hi all,

had my 2017 R remapped a few weeks back by my friend who runs AET Motorsport in Normanton.

He runs on a hub dyno, so power is measured at the wheels. Car was fit with a RamAir intake, and before mapping made 268hp at the wheels, which is roughly 289bhp.

After remap it made 308hp at the wheels, which is roughly 330-335bhp.

I posted this on scirocco owners on facebook and told it was a dyno lottery, the figures will be wrong, and realistically its a 310bhp car, so I took it to another place for a proper rolling road to get bhp figures. Made 331.8bhp and 294ft/lb torque :)

Few pics, only other changes ive done is black badges all round, and black mirror caps.

:yes:
Babajang
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Re: 2017 R remapped

Post by Babajang »

what kind dyno was it? some read high some read low.. your 2nd figures look similar to mine give or take 10 bhp, can you post the dyno graph? id like to see how it compares to mine cuss i have an issue around 3k rpm.. cheers...

LOL just saw that you posted one... did they smooth the curve out on yours? mine is WAY more lumpy than yours :/
Last edited by Babajang on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
toplad
In: Candy White

Post by toplad »

That peak and subsequent drop about 3k is the same as mine.
The curve is the same shape as mine
hilder
In: Urano Grey

Post by hilder »

Its had a full custom map, as in he downloaded my file and tweaked it all. Instead of just replacing it with a generic scirocco R remap.

Only issue now is trying to put the power down. 2nd starts spinning at higher revs, 3rd onwards is fine. In the wet ive had it spinning at 80+ in 4th :cry:
toplad
In: Candy White

Post by toplad »

hilder wrote:Its had a full custom map, as in he downloaded my file and tweaked it all. Instead of just replacing it with a generic scirocco R remap.

Only issue now is trying to put the power down. 2nd starts spinning at higher revs, 3rd onwards is fine. In the wet ive had it spinning at 80+ in 4th :cry:
Same

Just installed a limiter kit it helps

I'll do a review soon
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

hilder wrote:Hi all,

had my 2017 R remapped a few weeks back by my friend who runs AET Motorsport in Normanton.

He runs on a hub dyno, so power is measured at the wheels. Car was fit with a RamAir intake, and before mapping made 268hp at the wheels, which is roughly 289bhp.

After remap it made 308hp at the wheels, which is roughly 330-335bhp.

I posted this on scirocco owners on facebook and told it was a dyno lottery, the figures will be wrong, and realistically its a 310bhp car, so I took it to another place for a proper rolling road to get bhp figures. Made 331.8bhp and 294ft/lb torque :)

Few pics, only other changes ive done is black badges all round, and black mirror caps.

:yes:
One day I want to get Scirocco R 2017, i'll own it till I die
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Considering a diff to out the stock power down tbh! Have you?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk