Vibrations at 1500 to 2500 rpm

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
yellowplum
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Vibrations at 1500 to 2500 rpm

Post by yellowplum »

I had the clutch and flywheel changed on the car a few days ago and all seemed good. A bit of play in the old flywheel was noticeable and burn spots on the clutch disc. However I am still getting vibrations when you put your foot down and the the turbo engages.

Anyone have some thoughts, thought it could be engine mounts or the belt.
Kev87
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Re: Vibrations at 1500 to 2500 rpm

Post by Kev87 »

I had this for ages drive me crazy. It was the bonnet strut. Such an easy fix in the end

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
yellowplum
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Re: Vibrations at 1500 to 2500 rpm

Post by yellowplum »

Seriously!

It's an odd thing, because when you drive around town or even just slightly put your food down nothing happens, however when you floor it and the turbo kicks in it vibrates/judders and then passes over 2500rpm. You feel it everywhere it seems, but nowhere is more pronounced then anywhere else (if that makes sense).

I'll take a look at the strut as you mention, I thought it might be the drive belt pulley as this has never been changed. Might order one up anyway, I saw someone had the Continental Kit belt and pulley for £15, I believe it's not a hard thing to change. Only other thing is the engine mounts I thought.