Alignment woes

Everything about the R for potential owners.
toplad
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Alignment woes

Post by toplad »

Hi

Looking for a bit of information regarding the bushes at the rear after an attempt at a alignment.
Today I was told the alignment bush which is a adjusted to alter rear end toe is knackered, the guy said the bush just spins, no problem loosening the nut. He said he it should be tight to allow the toe to be adjusted
Is this right and if so do I need a complete lower rear control arm or just the bush?
toplad

Re: Alignment woes

Post by toplad »

Anyone help with this?
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

You only need the bush.
I'd recommend with Superpro personally.
Also you will need new bolts/washers for the toe adjustment. These are about £4 each from VW.

One thing to note is that it's likely most of the other bushes are buggered as well.

Depending on your budget and how long you plan on keeping the car it may be worth changing all the rear bushes.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
toplad

Post by toplad »

Thanks xjay

I've been looking at my options, I will probably just replace the bushes, I have the bolts already.
Then Im going for the powerflex anti lift at the front with an alignment.
The anti lift kit looks pretty easy to fit, so I'll give it a try.

I must admit I was thinking of swapping to a Golf R before Christmas, but I should really keep the Scirocco, it's a good car but I have found it difficult to adjust to fwd after owning 15 RWD cars since 2003. Fwd isn't really my preference, but I do appreciate the scirocco and hope the alignment and anti lift kit will help address some of the issues