Scirocco R - pre-purchase check

Everything about the R for potential owners.
AyBee
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Scirocco R - pre-purchase check

Post by AyBee »

First post :) I'm currently looking at getting a Scirocco R as a vaguely sensible car (my last car was a Lotus Elise which wasn't entirely practical for a cyclist needing to carry a bike to events :( ). I think I've nailed down the options I'm looking for and now doing my research regarding common faults to look for. If buying privately, or from an independent dealer, do people bother getting pre-purchase checks done, and if so, how do you find someone who knows what they're talking about given the relative rarity of these cars or do you get a check done at a VW dealer?

Thanks.
PWRoccoR
In: Pure White

Re: Scirocco R - pre-purchase check

Post by PWRoccoR »

Welcome! You've made a good choice. Ive had my R since for nearly a year (since new) and its done the hauls with snowboards and mountain bikes on the roof and in the boot with the rear seats down. If your looking at facelift models Ive had basically no problems. A fogged up indicator replaced under warranty. 8000 miles, pushed hard all the time and no problems! If your looking pre-facelift hopefully someone can point you in the right direction!
AyBee
In: Candy White

Post by AyBee »

Won't be stretching to the facelift, thinking 2010-2012 with c.50-60k miles, probably manual but possibly DSG (unless someone puts me off?). Everything else I want is fairly standard - leather, heated seats, parking sensors, pano roof, xenons :)
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

AyBee wrote:Won't be stretching to the facelift, thinking 2010-2012 with c.50-60k miles, probably manual but possibly DSG (unless someone puts me off?). Everything else I want is fairly standard - leather, heated seats, parking sensors, pano roof, xenons :)
Make sure to get the parking sensors :hyper: