Power mirror fold using the fob ? EDIT -You need Vag Can Pro

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
roccopanda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: You want Power mirror fold using the fob ? I've sussed

Post by roccopanda »

Fair enough - thanks :) I'll see about actually sourcing/installing the powerfold mirrors in first, then I can try find someone to do the change.
mvb12
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Post by mvb12 »

Is VAGCAN PRO A cheap/copy version of VAG COM / VCDS?
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

No its a separate programm, with more programming functions.
Springs
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Reflex Silver

Post by Springs »

does anyone know if anything further came of this for more widestream use? would like to have this feature on my car if possible
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Re: Power mirror fold using the fob ? EDIT -You need Vag Can

Post by uklee »

*** UPDATE***
Finally got this working on my 2013 Scirocco with retrofitted powerfold mirrors :clap:

The solution ? , go and see this guy and give him £20 :D

https://www.facebook.com/vwretrofit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's based in Redditch , West Midlands and is a bit of a whizz with VAG-Can-Pro (note this is NOT the same an VAG-COM / VCDS) . Using his laptop he can reprogramme the door mirror modules to perform mirror fold on the fob . It took him less than 10 minutes from start to finish outside his house , and he charges just £20.

two options are available when he reprograms the door modules (you have to choose one or the other)
1) CLOSE : Press & Hold the lock button for 3 seconds - this performs the standard 'global closing' feature and closes any open windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , and also folds the mirrors in.
OPEN : Press & Hold the lock button for 3 seconds - this performs the standard 'global opening' feature and opens any closed windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , and also folds the mirrors out.

2) CLOSE : Press & Hold the lock button for 3 seconds - this performs the standard 'global opening' feature and closes any open windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , and also folds the mirrors in.
OPEN : the mirrors will automatically fold out when the ignition is turned on. The standard 'global opening' feature remains unaffected and only closes the windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , The mirrors will not fold out by pressing the fob.

I went for option 2 , i reckon it'll be more practical and avoids faffing around holding the lock button , if you only want to pop into your locked car to retrieve your shopping / wallet whatever.

I'm really chuffed i've finally got this done and at last have found a solution that works. VAG-Can-Pro is a far more powerful tool than VAG-COM / VCDS .
Although VCDS is far more user friendly and can re-code modules is a well structured and more 'guided' way , it cant actually reprogram the module firmware like VAG-Can-Pro can.

Lee
Roy_01
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Good job! Glad you finally found someone, you deserve it after all that nice DIY's.
I bet there are much people from this forum looking for this in the uk.
denonamp
In: Viper Green
Options: Vienna leather upholstery, Panoramic sunroof, Bluetooth + Mdi Combo Unit,
RCD 510 dab,
Remote Powerfolding Mirrors.

Post by denonamp »

uklee wrote:*** UPDATE***
Finally got this working on my 2013 Scirocco with retrofitted powerfold mirrors :clap:

The solution ? , go and see this guy and give him £20 :D

https://www.facebook.com/vwretrofit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's based in Redditch , West Midlands and is a bit of a whizz with VAG-Can-Pro (note this is NOT the same an VAG-COM / VCDS) . Using his laptop he can reprogramme the door mirror modules to perform mirror fold on the fob . It took him less than 10 minutes from start to finish outside his house , and he charges just £20.

two options are available when he reprograms the door modules (you have to choose one or the other)
1) CLOSE : Press & Hold the lock button for 3 seconds - this performs the standard 'global closing' feature and closes any open windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , and also folds the mirrors in.
OPEN : Press & Hold the lock button for 3 seconds - this performs the standard 'global opening' feature and opens any closed windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , and also folds the mirrors out.

2) CLOSE : Press & Hold the lock button for 3 seconds - this performs the standard 'global opening' feature and closes any open windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , and also folds the mirrors in.
OPEN : the mirrors will automatically fold out when the ignition is turned on. The standard 'global opening' feature remains unaffected and only closes the windows and the sunroof (where fitted) , The mirrors will not fold out by pressing the fob.

I went for option 2 , i reckon it'll be more practical and avoids faffing around holding the lock button , if you only want to pop into your locked car to retrieve your shopping / wallet whatever.

I'm really chuffed i've finally got this done and at last have found a solution that works. VAG-Can-Pro is a far more powerful tool than VAG-COM / VCDS .
Although VCDS is far more user friendly and can re-code modules is a well structured and more 'guided' way , it cant actually reprogram the module firmware like VAG-Can-Pro can.

Lee
Congratulations on finally getting remote folding mirrors, do you know the security access code used for entering the driver’s door module?
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

No sorry , i dont
claudiu

Post by claudiu »

Lee[/quote]

Congratulations on finally getting remote folding mirrors, do you know the security access code used for entering the driver’s door module?[/quote]

VCP is using one touch function to change the door controller eeprom in order to make them fold and is not showing the security acces. The security access should be 04354 though.
I have genuine VCDS, VagCAN Pro, SMOK and ODIS for any of your programming needs in Hemel Hempstead/Watford area.
vcds.diagnostic@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/pg/VCDSDiagnos ... e_internal
http://vcds-diagnostic.simplesite.com/
Nish108GP
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Silver Leaf

Post by Nish108GP »

claudiu wrote:Lee
Congratulations on finally getting remote folding mirrors, do you know the security access code used for entering the driver’s door module?[/quote]

VCP is using one touch function to change the door controller eeprom in order to make them fold and is not showing the security acces. The security access should be 04354 though.[/quote]Hi Claudiu

The vcp one click process does not work. code is still required. 04354 does not work.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Nish108GP

Post by Nish108GP »

Hi Guys

Has anyone been successful in sourcing the code? 04354 does not work!

Nish108GP

Post by Nish108GP »

Hi Guys

I was finally able get this working. The code is indeed 04354. You have to choose engineering mode in VCP.

At first it appeared to be unsuccessful, but after clearing all faults it worked fine. Please ensure that the mirror dial is set to "L" or "R"
FenOMenx

Post by FenOMenx »

Nish108GP wrote:Hi Guys

I was finally able get this working. The code is indeed 04354. You have to choose engineering mode in VCP.

At first it appeared to be unsuccessful, but after clearing all faults it worked fine. Please ensure that the mirror dial is set to "L" or "R"

Hello Nish108GP, you used Genuine VCP ??*
Il have a crack VCP (5.5.1) And I have an error when I try to access with 04354 .

Buying an original cable could solve my problem?
Nish108GP

Post by Nish108GP »

FenOMenx wrote:
Nish108GP wrote:Hi Guys

Hello Nish108GP, you used Genuine VCP ??*
Il have a crack VCP (5.5.1) And I have an error when I try to access with 04354 .

Buying an original cable could solve my problem?
Hello

Yes this is correct. I was unsuccessful with the clone. The original worked 100%

FenOMenx

Post by FenOMenx »

Awesome, Thank you !

I ordered my original cable for that purpose ...
I was afraid to have it ordered for nothing!

Thank you very much I am reassured :).
out of stock Until April 15th! > <

Quiiiiiiiiiiick :p
wow45

Post by wow45 »

Hy guys where did you buy you're VCP ? Thanks
ganmo0409
In: Rising Blue

Post by ganmo0409 »

Is this information effective?
https://www.drive2.com/l/512578852925473606/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you do it if you buy this?
https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/Advanced ... 116ciFIwTi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
addy73
Options: Mk8 heated wheel, Bi xenons, Leather, powerfold mirrors.

Post by addy73 »

Hi, I can offer this service in Stockport using a genuine vag can pro. you will need folding mirrors that fold on the switch, I can then programme them to either unfold on the keyfob, or unfold when you start the car, £30.00 thanks.
unclejosh
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by unclejosh »

Sorry to revive this. I am wondering if this mirror folding with key fob means the holding the button or just on lock? i can’t seem to find an answer in this post. haha. thanks a lot in advance.
wensleydale

Post by wensleydale »

It works just like the auto-close on the windows:

Quick press of lock - Doors lock
Long press of lock - Doors lock, windows close, mirrors fold