Who are you insured with?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Karnivore
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic roof, RNS510, 19" Talladegas, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, H&R springs, Revo cold air induction kit, Milltek turbo back exhaust, Helix sporting organic clutch, LUK flywheel, Ade tuning custom remap.

Re: Who are you insured with?

Post by Karnivore »

e-sure - £320 fully comp, £250 excess. But I'm also an old fecker at 46!
GavP

Post by GavP »

Hastings Direct
£240 with £180 excess, dearer than the Golf R it replaced but not by a massive amount.
charliegilmanuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS 510 with rear parking sensors and retrofitted VW OEM bluetooth 7P6 (M)
Full heated leather interior
Cruise control
Metal pedal set
Bi-Xenon OEM retrofit with LED DRL and 6000k D1S
Full LED interior, LED sidelights

Post by charliegilmanuk »

2.0 TSI GT, 23 years old, about £560 with Admiral but getting quotes for around £350 elsewhere so will change come July.
Sam63
Options: Leather seats, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio Soundpack, Mats.
Mods : BCS non -resonated Sports System Cat Back exhaust, H & R Springs and ITG Maxogen CAI, APR Stage 1 & 19" Satin Anthracite BBS CH R's. - Now Sold

Post by Sam63 »

£315 with Adrianflux all mods declared and no admin charges when I change from summer to winter alloys in November then back to summer alloys in April which is very unusual but great service .
I'm a really old fecker at 54 just over a week ago.
Steffydog
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Salsa Red

Post by Steffydog »

Axa £570, 47yo, 11yr NCB, London postcodes huh!
gary8ynwa
Options: Getting repaired

Post by gary8ynwa »

Just been quoted slightly over 1,500 with Adrian flux 20 years old 2 years no claims and couple of mods declared is that a good price?
Sam63
Options: Leather seats, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio Soundpack, Mats.
Mods : BCS non -resonated Sports System Cat Back exhaust, H & R Springs and ITG Maxogen CAI, APR Stage 1 & 19" Satin Anthracite BBS CH R's. - Now Sold

Post by Sam63 »

gary8ynwa wrote:Just been quoted slightly over 1,500 with Adrian flux 20 years old 2 years no claims and couple of mods declared is that a good price?
No :lol:

Seriously not sure m8, never learned to drive till I was 33, from 18 -33 I was drunk !!
Driving was not a thought or even an option back then.
Harry_VW
Options: Heated leather, navigation, panoramic roof, 19" lugano, pearlescent black.

Post by Harry_VW »

£1500 doesn't sound *too* bad. Is that flux direct through a comparison site or did you call them? Its always better to call the companies if your car is modified.

24 years old, 2.0 TSI, 3 years NCB, 1 SP30 and 3 points. £730 Adrian flux with a remap, alloy wheels, intake and lowering springs declared. By far the best i could find. They also gave me 3rd party on driving other cars.
gary8ynwa
Options: Getting repaired

Post by gary8ynwa »

Harry_VW wrote:£1500 doesn't sound *too* bad. Is that flux direct through a comparison site or did you call them? Its always better to call the companies if your car is modified.

24 years old, 2.0 TSI, 3 years NCB, 1 SP30 and 3 points. £730 Adrian flux with a remap, alloy wheels, intake and lowering springs declared. By far the best i could find. They also gave me 3rd party on driving other cars.
Flux direct and yea i rang them up eventually got it down till £1,380 with numerous phone calls the fact that i have done the mods on the car myself brought the price down which i thought was strange.

£730 seems a very good price
Beaves85
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Beaves85 »

I've used Adrian flux and highway over the last few years. Both very competitive and always had good chats with people that know about cars
Sam63

Post by Sam63 »

This years fully comp with Flux came in at £259 all mods declared.
Northman
In: Pure White
Options: Dcc, folding mirrors, rear view camera, park assist system and smoking pack

Post by Northman »

mines privilege, the roc was twice the ins grouping and twice the value yet worked out £10 cheaper than my civic 1.8es, go figure that one
mature driver (old fecker)
Delberthot
Options: Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors

Post by Delberthot »

I picked up my car yesterday and was amazed at how little it cost to change cars.

My last one was a Skoda Rapid 1.2 coming in at £205, the difference over a whole year would have been around £70 but because I am already part way through the year with my insurance it cost £58 so £275 for the whole year fully comp with protected no claims. I'm with Quote me Happy which have been the cheapest for the past 4 or 5 years.

I've not long turned 42 so this is my midlife crisis car :D
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

directline have been really good compared to competition quote wise for last two years for me.
anywhere up to 100% cheaper! Always give them a go and get home insurance with them too for discounts on car insurance.