Bluetooth Retrofit / MFD?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
STEVIE-B
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Bluetooth Retrofit / MFD?

Post by STEVIE-B »

Hi!

Hope someone Is able to help. I have run a search on various forums trying to find information on retrofitting bluetooth to my Scirocco.

I am just about to (hopefully) upgrade to a RNS510 headunit, I understand this headunit works with bluetooth no issues. The concern I have is my MFD, this is the "old style" red MFD, will bluetooth still work with this? If not, does anyone know how to upgrade the MFD to a newer style either black and white or colour one?

Thanks
Steve
Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Re: Bluetooth Retrofit / MFD?

Post by Technane »

Hey Stevie,

taken from this link, as I was pretty sure I knew the answer anyway.
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... fd#p141442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

changing the clocks / MFD is a whole swap deal, so you need to swap out the clocks and the MFD and unfortunately the immobiliser,

as this is the case then your keys will need to be re-mapped to the car. it's noted on that thread some companies will offer to do it for you for a price.

I've taken out the clocks and messed with the IMMO3 on a MK4 Golf before and I needed two things, VCDS to code it all and something called VAG -Tacko to remap my keys.

I am not sure what the process is on the Roc but I expect it to be somewhat similar.

note I had to do the clocks on my mk4 GOLF as some TWAT had smashed off half the warning lights pre-selling it to me. I soldered new ones to resolve the issue for MOT but then replaced the clocks for a propper fix.
note the Error they had on the Dash was a bloody ABS wheel sensor (about £15) and a Timming Chain sensor £30 ... bloody cowboys!
Technane

Post by Technane »

Technane wrote:Hey Stevie,

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... fd#p141442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

changing the clocks / MFD is a whole swap deal, so you need to swap out the clocks and the MFD and unfortunately the immobiliser,

as this is the case then your keys will need to be re-mapped to the car. it's noted on that thread some companies will offer to do it for you for a price.

I've taken out the clocks and messed with the IMMO3 on a MK4 Golf before and I needed two things, VCDS to code it all and something called VAG -Tacko to remap my keys.

I am not sure what the process is on the Roc but I expect it to be somewhat similar.

note I had to do the clocks on my mk4 GOLF as some TWAT had smashed off half the warning lights pre-selling it to me. I soldered new ones to resolve the issue for MOT but then replaced the clocks for a propper fix.
note the Error they had on the Dash was a bloody ABS wheel sensor (about £15) and a Timming Chain sensor £30 ... bloody cowboys!
http://hazzydayz.com/genuine-vw-highlin ... 2232-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bluetooth is easy enough but probably better (More Compatibility) with something like a FISCON, as you can hide a fiscon easier it doesn't need to go under the passenger seat

although you can JAM the VW bluetooth module behind the glove box,
one thing to note adding bluetooth, you need to add a MIC to the Lights in the roofliner, thats probably the hardest part but there are guides for it.
STEVIE-B

Post by STEVIE-B »

Technane wrote:Hey Stevie,

Cheers Technane, I presumed this was the case :cry: Sounds like a mare!

To be fair i'm not too fussed regarding the colour of the screen, provided I can get nav arrows and the bluetooth display on the red one - white would be far nicer, or colour, but it looks to be an expensive mod!
Technane

Post by Technane »

Hmmm I could probably do it but never tried its like 2 screws to get the clocks out!

the rest is coding that is an insane price they are charging...
STEVIE-B

Post by STEVIE-B »

Done some more research, found a company in redditch which will swap the clocks for £240, which includes the clocks themselves. Not as bad as everywhere else I have looked. May just stick with my parrot kit for now *sigh* Then get the clusters fitted further down the line! At least I know it is possible!
Technane

Post by Technane »

That seems way fairer, they are probably using clocks from cars like mine that are ending up in the scrapheap.