Scirocco problem windows stuck 1inch open

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Scirocco-IRL
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box

Scirocco problem windows stuck 1inch open

Post by Scirocco-IRL »

So where do I start, just 4 months iv owned my scirocco iv never had so many problems with a car.... Catalytic converter, automatic stop start, tyre pressure sensor, exhaust system faults... And now window issues, sick of the scirocco.

So the problem is that when I unlocked the car yesterday and the two front windows go down an inch as normal, they didn't go back up. I then tried putting up the two windows once in the car and neither window move at all now, both still stuck down an inch. Anyone have any ideas.

2011 vw scirocco 2.0tdi
SurgicalProcedures
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue

Re: Scirocco problem windows stuck 1inch open

Post by SurgicalProcedures »

I've had that happen to me when I disconnected the battery with the doors open, the fix for me was simply turning the ignition on, closing the doors, dropping the windows down all the way and then manually all the way back up and the sensors for the window height should reset.
Scirocco-IRL
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pure White

Post by Scirocco-IRL »

Thanks for reply but I'm not good with cars, how do you manually move windows without the window switches? Also you disconnect the battery with the door open, then did you connect the battery again right after?
timc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Retro fit LED Mirror,Door Puddle Lights, Cruise. Kenwood DNX516DABS, Android box + Kodi, JL Audio amp, JBL GTO Speakers, Reversing Camera. Polar FIS+, XDS, Oscarli magic

Post by timc »

Scirocco-IRL wrote:how do you manually move windows without the window switches?
What he means is keep your finger on the window switch (don't just do the 1-touch thing), you sometimes need to do it up and down a few times to reset it...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best to make sure your door is shut when you are doing it...