I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Black alloys,
Black badges
K&N air filter

Re: Laura's Rising Blue Rocco

Post by LLD123 »

So after a week and a half of no car I finally picked it up today from the body shop. Got the rust around the wheel arches cut out and fixed along with re spray and bumpers smoothed out after the previous owner parked it against a wall.

ImageImage

Plus they did a great job of cleaning it inside and out. Saved me a few hours, well until it rains again tonight's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beaves85
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Beaves85 »

Looks much tidier. Hope you're enjoying cleaning it :)
LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

Beaves85 wrote:Looks much tidier. Hope you're enjoying cleaning it :)
Haha thank you. Yes loving cleaning it although seem to run out of time and unfortunately it is running up a dirty slightly gravel tarmac to work so needs cleaning a lot more often.

C00kie
In: Pewter Grey
Options: heated leather seats, DAB radio, rear privacy glass, rear parking sensors
Mods: Revo stage 1, Tarox G88 discs/Strada pads, Eibach Pro Kit springs, BCS sport catback system, K&N air filter, R8 coilpacks, interior LED lights, OEM LED number plate lights, pressed number plates

Post by C00kie »

Wow, that's a lot of products! Glad you're enjoying giving it the TLC!
LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

C00kie wrote:Wow, that's a lot of products! Glad you're enjoying giving it the TLC!
Haha yes I seem to have collected rather a few. All work amazingly but unfortunately don't get the time to use them all. Would have to spare a whole day for that. Would love to see the results though.

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

So the next thing I decided to do was to add in some puddle lights. What I didn't realise was that my car being a 58 plate was a year out of actually having any wiring in the door panel. Along with help from my other half he took it apart and had to re-wire the lot threading cables through the existing holes in the door card.

It took a day and a half to complete simply because of how fiddly it was.

I couldn't believe that there was just a bit of red plastic to act as the reflector in the door.

However I am pleased with how it turns out. Just something that catches people's attention.

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

The next thing I wanted to do was to pain the brake callipers. I initially couldn't decide between red or blue behind the black wheels. So took a look at some pictures from online.

I then decided to go with blue paint as wanted to keep it all blue and black and hadn't seen as many blue callipers around.

The callipers needed some cleaning up but was also a good time to give the wheels a proper clean both sides.

I couldn't believe what a difference the paint made to the car. (In my opinion anyway) I love the callipers and glad I decided to give it a go.

If I wasn't so strapped for cash I'd love to get some bigger brake discs on it as think these would love great behind the wheels.

Anyway that's how the car stands currently but I have a few more plans in the pipeline like a stage 1 remap and possibly new exhaust system but again all Costly, especially when I now have a new motorbike too.

Oh and the fact a colleague at work decided to put her tow bar through my nice newly painted and re-furbed bumper....

Back to the bodyshop she goes.....

Hey ho better start saving

Addymk2
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Post by Addymk2 »

LLD123 wrote:The next thing I wanted to do was to pain the brake callipers. I initially couldn't decide between red or blue behind the black wheels. So took a look at some pictures from online.

I then decided to go with blue paint as wanted to keep it all blue and black and hadn't seen as many blue callipers around.

The callipers needed some cleaning up but was also a good time to give the wheels a proper clean both sides.

I couldn't believe what a difference the paint made to the car. (In my opinion anyway) I love the callipers and glad I decided to give it a go.

If I wasn't so strapped for cash I'd love to get some bigger brake discs on it as think these would love great behind the wheels.

Anyway that's how the car stands currently but I have a few more plans in the pipeline like a stage 1 remap and possibly new exhaust system but again all Costly, especially when I now have a new motorbike too.

Oh and the fact a colleague at work decided to put her tow bar through my nice newly painted and re-furbed bumper....

I think we may have the same colleague. Some tube put there tow bar through mine in that exact spot 2 weeks ago!
Addymk2

Post by Addymk2 »

LLD123 wrote: Oh and the fact a colleague at work decided to put her tow bar through my nice newly painted and re-furbed bumper....

I think we may have the same colleague. Some tube put there tow bar through mine in the same spot 2 weeks ago!
LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

Addymk2 wrote:
LLD123 wrote: Oh and the fact a colleague at work decided to put her tow bar through my nice newly painted and re-furbed bumper....

I think we may have the same colleague. Some tube put there tow bar through mine in the same spot 2 weeks ago!
No way!!! What a coincidence is that?! My car is only just going into the body shop this week. Insurance taken an age to get sorted but hopefully this week it will finally happen. New bumper time, (after spending a small fortune getting the old one fixed back up a few months back) hey ho. Lol. Damn tow bars!

Addymk2

Post by Addymk2 »

LLD123 wrote:
Addymk2 wrote:

No way!!! What a coincidence is that?! My car is only just going into the body shop this week. Insurance taken an age to get sorted but hopefully this week it will finally happen. New bumper time, (after spending a small fortune getting the old one fixed back up a few months back) hey ho. Lol. Damn tow bars!

I'll take a picture tomorrow, I've been avoiding looking at it [emoji23]

Whoever did mine drove off. Swines.
Addymk2

Post by Addymk2 »

LLD123 wrote:
Addymk2 wrote:

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

Addymk2 wrote:
LLD123 wrote:
Addymk2 wrote: I think we may have the same colleague. Some tube put there tow bar through mine in the same spot 2 weeks ago!

Oh damn that's a pain!!!! How thoughtful of them

striker200181673
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by striker200181673 »

I’ve got a rising blue Scirocco GT 2.0 TDI, the colour like yours is a lovely stand out colour but how do you find the general paint work in terms of showing wear and tear? Seems to be an awful colour when showing stone chips and scratches? I’ve PPF’d the front end. Also unlike my last Scirocco which was bomb proof, this one has sport suspension and I hear EVERY single gravel or stone hitting the wheel arches, it’s like driving a tin can!
marmstrong

Post by marmstrong »

Hey Laura,

Looks good! Love the brake calipers and am interested in what you do with side skirts. Even just getting standard ones colour coded
Brummyscirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by Brummyscirocco »

Hi Laura your scirocco looks great.
Mine is identical. Where are you from?