I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Black alloys,
Black badges
K&N air filter

Laura's Rising Blue Rocco

Post by LLD123 »

Hi all, new to this forum so please forgive me.
Just thought I'd post about my Rocco and any updates I do to it.
Purchased this car last year after searching around for a while. Found one within my budget with fairly low miles and in good condition for a car of its age. Image
It's a 2.0 TSI pumping out 220bhp which I'm hoping to get re mapped soon and push out some more power but wow the torque on these cars is incredible (I've gone from a 1.6 Mini Cooper to this so a big change for me)
ImageImageImage

Now I did want to get a Rocco with the new style steering wheel on it however I've now got used to this steering wheel and quite like it. Reminds me of the old Subaru rally steering wheels. If I want to upgrade it later then I can do.
I was very pleased with the condition of the leather seats and with this current weather I'm very pleased that they are heated. Image
The screen is great however I'm missing not having a Bluetooth option to link to my phone.

I took a test drive in the car and fell in love with it. One thing I really wanted to do was re Furb the wheels as they had been curbed badly. The guy at the garage sorted that out and got me a great deal to have them re furbed and painted black for when I went to pick it up. Here she was sat on the forecourt ready to go.

The next thing I did was change the silver badges to black ones. Something small but made a big difference and lots of people now commenting on them. Image

I've put in a K&N air filter too which changed the engine tones a bit.

I also changed the bulbs on headlights and side lights to LED whiter bulbs. Here you can just see that on the right side light it's a new brighter bulb and on the left is the original bulb. I've also changed the headlight bulbs but now the cree lights are brighter/whiter than headlights meaning I already want to change the bulbs to a whiter light just not sure what to go for.

I really do love the black wheels, think it totally changes the look of the car. Got new brembo brakes and pads on it now as well.

Here are some various pictures I've taken of it before and after cleaning. Love the way it shines when waxed and cleaned.

I'm now thinking of doing something to brighten up my engine bay?! Not sure yet as to whether changing the pipes on it would do much or if that's a bad thing. Small tweaks to it perhaps?

Then thinking of getting my brake callipers painted blue to match the car?! There's a nasty stone chip on the bonnet which the garage tried to fix before I bought it but it's a different colour blue to the car so now need to find a good company to fix it and hopefully for not massive amounts of money otherwise I'd be better off having bonnet re sprayed.

Lots I want to do but got to have the money first to be able to do it.
But boy am I glad I chose this car over a BMW X3 - much more fun and better looking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: Laura's Rising Blue Rocco

Post by Paddy_R »

Car looks good!
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Have you not thought to debadge it. Looks odd with black VW and silver name badges.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

xjay1337 wrote:Have you not thought to debadge it. Looks odd with black VW and silver name badges.
Yeah I plan to just havent done it yet. Did think about getting black wording or does it look better completely de badged?!

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

Paddy_R wrote:Car looks good!
Thank you [emoji106]

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

What are people's thoughts on changing the colour of the pipes in and around the engine bay? Want to do something to brighten it up.

xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

I'd rather spend £200 on a set of decent front tyres (they look like cheapy budgets) than a load of pointless coloured tubing if I'm honest. :-)
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

xjay1337 wrote:I'd rather spend £200 on a set of decent front tyres (they look like cheapy budgets) than a load of pointless coloured tubing if I'm honest. :-)
Haha yeah good old garage said yeah we'll chuck a new set of boots on it and it turns out to be those cheap things. Rear tyres need doing first as starting to crack so that's on my list first. But yes that's true, engine still works without paying money on tubing!

MrTommyy7

Post by MrTommyy7 »

Spray silver interior bits in gloss black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tommo79
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Black edition

Post by tommo79 »

Any plans on removing the black side trim and getting the side skirts fitted? They look loads better
LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

tommo79 wrote:Any plans on removing the black side trim and getting the side skirts fitted? They look loads better
Had thought about removing them or getting them colour coded but didn't really progress much further with it.
Don't know much about the side skirts/cost/where to buy them.
I have just found an old pic on here showing before and after Image

Does look very smart!!! I like this idea thank you. Now to find out what to do next with them & find some to buy!

tommo79
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Black edition

Post by tommo79 »

There's loads for sale on Ebay I think you could probably get them all in colour coded fitted etc for around 400-500 for genuine parts
LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

tommo79 wrote:There's loads for sale on Ebay I think you could probably get them all in colour coded fitted etc for around 400-500 for genuine parts
Ah ok I'll go take a look. Does look very smart. Thank you.

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

So today I get some new tyres fitted to replace the cracked ones on the back.

Also planning on getting a stage 1 remap next month along with a new exhaust. Cobra or Milltek is the next decision. I'm leaning more towards a cobra currently.

Gazza292
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Full Miltek Exhaust came with car... yet to inspect! ☺

Post by Gazza292 »

Hey hey, niceeee car I currently got a full 2.5" miltek on my R and not going to lie it's awesome! Sounds nice and throaty without sounding to much like a young boy racer with a fart cannon [emoji23] Image

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

Gazza292 wrote:Hey hey, niceeee car I currently got a full 2.5" miltek on my R and not going to lie it's awesome! Sounds nice and throaty without sounding to much like a young boy racer with a fart cannon [emoji23] Image

Heyyyy, thanks [emoji106] that's exactly what I'm after. A bit throaty but not another one of those "here comes that that wannabe boy racer"

Those pipes look awesome on yours, big too [emoji108]

Going to de badge mine soon as well I think.

deano_123
In: Reflex Silver

Post by deano_123 »

So many pictures, not one request to see Laura.

n00bz
Gazza292
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Full Miltek Exhaust came with car... yet to inspect! ☺

Laura's Rising Blue Rocco

Post by Gazza292 »

I'm ummmming and arghhhing whether to put the R back on mine, it looks sick with it off but I get so many people pull up next to me for a challenge thinking exactly that in front of their girlfriends then getting shown up in a space of a second [emoji23][emoji23]

Luckily pulled up next to a stock R in a supermarket and when I saw the difference it was mad [emoji23]makes the standard system look pants [emoji13]

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

Gazza292 wrote:I'm ummmming and arghhhing whether to put the R back on mine, it looks sick with it off but I get so many people pull up next to me for a challenge thinking exactly that in front of their girlfriends then getting shown up in a space of a second [emoji23][emoji23]

Luckily pulled up next to a stock R in a supermarket and when I saw the difference it was mad [emoji23]makes the standard system look pants [emoji13]

Yeah I get that, i quite like the idea of having TSI on it as people don't think oh it's a diesel I'll have this. No mines petrol and a lot quicker than standard diesel.
I can't wait to have the re map and then shock a few more people with it.

Oh really?! I've never looked that closely to the R system before.

LLD123
Black badges
K&N air filter

Post by LLD123 »

So it looks like my Rocco may be going in for bodywork next week. It's time to get the rust in the wheelarches sorted once and for all. Will look so much better once it's been done. Just annoying I have to do it now and use my saved exhaust money.

Will have to save for a couple more months to get my exhaust now but will all be worth it in the end.

Anyone recommend some good black headlight units?
Looking at some of these: