Piano Black Dash inserts - Wrapped Black

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
Stikki_rsvr
With a: Manual box

Piano Black Dash inserts - Wrapped Black

Post by Stikki_rsvr »

I've seen a lot of people commenting on changing their silver dash inserts to Piano Black, but not doing it due to the costs of OE parts and the labour time to spray them!

I had a quick attempt last night at removing them which I found relatively easy apart from one or two slightly bent/broken clips which I managed to repair quite easily. (But now I have done it once, I think that'll be the last clip I break).

This is my first attempt at wrapping these in 'Gloss Black' car wrap vinyl, I think they look absolutely mega and only cost me £10 plus my labour time!
(If you look closely they look slightly textured, this is the airflow backing of the vinyl).

Take a look for yourself and tell me what you think?

mackie01
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates
And a few other mods viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20294

Re: Piano Black Dash inserts - Wrapped Black

Post by mackie01 »

Looks good mate, you've done the door handles good, that was my biggest problem lol
Stikki_rsvr

Post by Stikki_rsvr »

Thanks! I've only done the left, i've got to do the right one and also the other small silver piece on the handle, but wasn't too much hassle.
P44RYT
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
Options: Airlift Performance, Rotiform TMB 3piece 2&3" polished lips, Full 2015+ R Facelift, R-Line spec, Stage 1 remap, Black splitter & skirt extensions, Twin exit PowerFlow exhaust, Carbon Fibre diffuser, Full RamAir, Full interior & exterior white LEDs

Post by P44RYT »

Nice! Anything to particularly watch out for when removing certain bits of trim?

This is my next little project, I've got a roll of Brushed Aluminium style vinyl in the post (I also have some trim removal tools already).
- Tom

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
https://www.instagram.com/p44ryt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trebs
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak

Post by Trebs »

Looks nice.