Power mirror fold using the fob ? EDIT -You need Vag Can Pro

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Re: You want Power mirror fold using the fob ? I've sussed

Post by Irvysan »

Looks like an OBD11 (Eleven) dongle which also has one click coding http://obdeleven.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; any thoughts on VAG can pro solution?

I'm interested in what coding changes it makes or whether it flashes the eeprom of the controller. How do you 'activate' it? Software? What program? BT or USB to laptop?

Sent from my phone
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Supposedly plug in , key on , key off , done .

The German one looks interesting , but I'm worried it'll be a LHD solution only . My guess is that they both intend to flash the firmware in the controller - I very much doubt that a coding change does the trick . It'd be easy to tell from a before / after scan of the module though .

From my phone
Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

I have emailed him to find out if he can confirm if this will work with RHD models. I dont see why it wont as if you look at the software and videos for VCP there seems to be no issues (I did a lot of googling too) It would be good if we could find a UK VAG owner who already has this cable. there are some on the UK VWaudi forum who have it.

EDIT : Well that was quick!!

Got a reply almost instantly :
Hi,
yes it will work on RHD as well: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Köppelmann
http://ck-tech.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Von meinem iPhone gesendet
So (Lee) you up for trying this?

Irv
uklee
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Yes I am mate - I'm a bit 'spent out' at the mo though .

From my phone
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

No problem mate I'm going to wait till payday and then decide as is costly to send money abroad. I will see if he will accept a card payment or PayPal. Cheers

Sent from my phone
uklee

Post by uklee »

Irvysan wrote:
Got a reply almost instantly :
Hi,
yes it will work on RHD as well: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Köppelmann
http://ck-tech.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Von meinem iPhone gesendet
Irv
Hmm - i thought i'd seen that video before ... . It was posted on Youtube by a guy called scottyboy406 back in February 2014 - over 18 months ago
No mention of VCP nor ck-tech.eu in the blurb :shrug: , in fact no mention of anything really and no response to any questions ?

Maybe all the dead ends I've followed have left me a bit too cynical - but for something exclaimed on their webpage as "Finally possible" , it doesnt quite add up :shrug:

Lee
uklee

Post by uklee »

Ok ,does anyone want to try this mirror fold dongle (for free) before i send it back to the guy in HK ?

They're insistent that its worked on a number of RHD Golf 6's and Scirocco's over there - it just doesn't work on mine for some reason . Although on the plus side , there have been no ill effects from plugging it in and out a few times . So i guess that the worst thing that can happen is you'll have a wasted trip to the midlands.

Nothing ventured - nothing gained though eh ?

I need my deposit back - so I'm planning on posting it back before the end of September -so if you want to try it, send me a PM and we can sort something out.

Lee
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Very good of you Lee, I hope someone takes you up on the offer.

Sent from my phone
Kpowell911
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by Kpowell911 »

Ive got a 2012 scirocco, I live pretty much Junction 3 M5? Could meet up and try it?
Wadeya001
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Auto wipers
Auto headlights
Media system

Post by Wadeya001 »

I've got a 58 plate red MFD scirocco. Wouldn't mind a try if I have the spare time matey. I'll PM you now but depends if I don't get much work on my PGCE this week as it's keeping me busy ATM.
CandyCupcake
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Post by CandyCupcake »

I'm a bit confused, I had a 2013 Scirocco and when I locked my car with the fob the mirrors folded in? Is this not how the power fold mirrors work on all Sciroccos?
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

CandyCupcake wrote:I'm a bit confused, I had a 2013 Scirocco and when I locked my car with the fob the mirrors folded in? Is this not how the power fold mirrors work on all Sciroccos?
Unfortunately not, Scirocco's do not have power folding mirrors using the key fob, the fw on the modules need to be flashed for this to work. Currently using VGP is the only potential method.

Think unicorn poop and you will get the idea!

Irv

Sent from my phone
CandyCupcake
In: Oryx White
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Post by CandyCupcake »

You're making me question myself now haha! But thinking back, yeah I think I used to press the button to make them turn in before getting out the car and locking it. My ST's mirrors fold in when I lock the car, why do Ford seem to be better with the small things than VW!
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

I had power folding mirrors on my MR2 8 years ago!

And yes that's how I fold mine too now

Sent from my phone
mvb12
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White

Post by mvb12 »

can this be done via vcds?
Ibifaho
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black

Post by Ibifaho »

mvb12 wrote:can this be done via vcds?
Only with Vag Can Pro. Not with vcds.
roccopanda
In: Indium Grey

Post by roccopanda »

Assuming no one ever found a new way to make this work? :(
Roy_01
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Vagcan pro is easy enough, takes 2 minutes. Just look for someone who has it.
roccopanda
In: Indium Grey

Post by roccopanda »

I will have a look, thanks Roy. I see it's about £80 here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-CAN-PRO-C ... SwgZ1XsurD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reckon that looks legit?
Roy_01
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Not legit, it's around EUR 200,00 at least. They work with a kind of subscription, then you get all the updates.
But you can also buy it without that subscription. But maybe it's easier to let it get changed by someone who already has this software.
http://vag-tech.eu/vag-can-professional" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;