UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
nizzon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic roof
Brown Vienna leather
18" Interlagos
R sideskirts
Dectane rear light LED

Re: UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

Post by nizzon »

Holy shit what a nice roc.
Do you have any more pics with the rails on the roof and maybe the box?
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
With a: Manual box
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

nizzon wrote:Holy shit what a nice roc.

Here you go - Roof bar pics :)

Lee
roc82

Post by roc82 »

Good to see you back online Lee :)
Your rocco looks awesome!
EvilMr.Lee
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Sumatra
Options: GT Spec, 18" Lugano, Multifunctional Steering Wheel, Panoramic Roof, Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DynAudio, RCD510, Cruise Control

Retro: LED Interior, LED Plate Lights, 2014 Facelifted Xenons + BCM

Post by EvilMr.Lee »

uklee wrote:
nizzon wrote:Holy shit what a nice roc.

Here you go - Roof bar pics :)

Lee
Do you know if the key for tightening the roof bars can be bought seperately from the set?
I've lost mine, and can't find anywhere to get them :(
uklee
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

roc82 wrote:Good to see you back online Lee :)
Your rocco looks awesome!
Cheers dude :yes: , i haven't posted much as i haven't really done anything extra to the car . I did remove & sell the old twin bonnet gas struts , and fitted the new mono strut in their place though. I wrote a 'How to' guide on it here > http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 37&t=21456

I'm much happier now with the single strut kit :D

EvilMr.Lee - i'm sorry mate , i don't know about the replacement key for the roofbars - have you tried asking at a VW dealer ?
Be aware though that the keys are security coded (different spline patterns) , so there will be a number of alternative keys depending on the code (a bit like locking wheel nuts) my code is written on the back of my instructions.

Lee
ArteSuave
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Savannahs, Eibach Springs

Post by ArteSuave »

uklee wrote:
tashaxxcutie wrote:Hi Lee! I'm new to the forum and absolutely love your build thread. Would I be able to ask where you got your plates made up? I'm looking to get a personalised reg and love the idea of trimming the plates down, looks awesome on your Roc! Great job all round.
Thanks in advance :-)
thanks mate - i got the rear off ebay , but the custom front plate was made by these folk http://www.replacementregistrationplate ... /about-us/

in the 'plate size' drop down - scroll down to the bottom and select 'custom' you can then enter your own dimensions.

Lee
This is great. The plate fits perfect but I feel like the curve of the bumper is making the plate slightly spring loaded and it's going to break free from the tape and fall off.

What tape did you use to attach yours?
uklee

Post by uklee »

ArteSuave wrote:
This is great. The plate fits perfect but I feel like the curve of the bumper is making the plate slightly spring loaded and it's going to break free from the tape and fall off.

What tape did you use to attach yours?
i just used 2 sets (about 8 strips) of 'heavy duty' number plate sticky pads off ebay -sorry i cant remember the exact seller , but there's plenty to choose from. i used 2 strips next to each other , right at each end of the plate - its been fine for me.

Lee
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

loving your private plate, lee, so cool!
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
IndiumRocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Revo stage 1 remap.

Post by IndiumRocco »

Front plate looks ace buy £35 is a bit much for one plate :(
uklee

Post by uklee »

It wasn't £35 when I bought mine - it was around the £18 - £20 mark

From my phone
Beanybaby
I drive a: R-Line
In: Salsa Red

Post by Beanybaby »

Lovely car Lee
Mifi
In: Salsa Red
Options: DCC, RCD510, 19' Lugano Black, bi-xenon

Post by Mifi »

Nice Car!!

Where did you get from the red stripe in the front bumper? Looks really good
Fjrussell1991
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by Fjrussell1991 »

Hi Lee - love the posts and your GTS. I’m in the process of doing a lot of the same stuff to my GTS.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on lowering the car. The ONLY thing I don’t like about the car is the gap between the wheels. The ‘R’ looks much more balanced but obviously has 19” alloys to help fill the gap.

I’ve got it booked in to have lowering springs fitted and they’ve recommended 3.5mm on the back and 4.5mm on the front for this particular model. Odd that it’s different on front and back but that’s what the manufacturer recommends. I want it to look flush and realise it may need spacers to help with this. But wanted to see what you have had yours lowered to as in the more recent pics it looks like it sits beautifully!

All the best, Fred
Fjrussell1991
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by Fjrussell1991 »

Hi Lee - love the posts and your GTS. I’m in the process of doing a lot of the same stuff to my GTS.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on lowering the car. The ONLY thing I don’t like about the car is the gap between the wheels. The ‘R’ looks much more balanced but obviously has 19” alloys to help fill the gap.

I’ve got it booked in to have lowering springs fitted and they’ve recommended 3.5mm on the back and 4.5mm on the front for this particular model. Odd that it’s different on front and back but that’s what the manufacturer recommends. I want it to look flush and realise it may need spacers to help with this. But wanted to see what you have had yours lowered to as in the more recent pics it looks like it sits beautifully!

All the best, Fred
Lcubitt1998
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pure White
Options: None

Post by Lcubitt1998 »

Hi mate, bit of an odd question, I seen on a different post that you’ve got the roof bars on your Rocco, was wondering if you could help a novice out with how to correctly fit them as I’ve not had any luck and the instructions aren’t great, thanks!