Milltek Cat Back,
VWR Intake,
Cruise Control,
Parking sensors,
MK5 R32 345mm Setup,
Headlightretrofits bi-xenon

Just had Stage 1 APR and WOW!

Post by daves2369 »

Decided to go for a remap due to Friday's black Friday's 30% off!

It's the first time I have ever had a remap and honestly its like driving a different car!

I can't say enough how great the service at Awesome GTI is though was remapping with them till 1 in the morning (supposed to close at 10pm) due to problems writing to my ECU, then problems with a coilpack failing and a boost pipe coming loose even got a ride in Mark's 430BHP Leon K1!

End result APR state on there website a 2008 2.0 TSI stage one takes you to: 255bhp and 289 ft-ibs torque
I got 253 BHP and 363 ft-ibs of torque, got a VWR intake in the post also so should boost the power but that torque level is insane!

Rolling road:

Mr OCD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: All of them ... lol

Just had Stage 1 APR and WOW!

Post by Mr OCD »

Hi mate. Good to meet you Friday... :)

It's well known in the industry that awesomes dyno torque figure is inaccurate ... Had the same with a few cars had dyno there compared to other rollers...

From experience I reckon about 10-15% out ...

My TDI did 373lbft on there ... :D
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
daves2369
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: APR Stage 1
Heated Viena Leather,
18" interlagos alloys
RNS510,
Bluetooth 9w7,
Milltek Cat Back,
VWR Intake,
Cruise Control,
Parking sensors,
MK5 R32 345mm Setup,

Re: Just had Stage 1 APR and WOW!

Post by daves2369 »

Good to meet you too! you have an awesome looking car! :) never seen one in that colour.

ahh that would make seance, still impressed though!

sorry for holding you up ha ha :D

sweet, how does the car now drive for you?
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

daves2369 wrote:Good to meet you too! you have an awesome looking car! :) never seen one in that colour.

ahh that would make seance, still impressed though!

sorry for holding you up ha ha :D

sweet, how does the car now drive for you?

Cheers fella... it's a very rare color and I'm so glad I held out for it. It goes a lovely purply / blue in sunlight :D

No worries about holding us up ... my car wasn't exactly a breeze either... :rolleyes: ... ECU out twice! :mad:

The map on mine isn't right unfortunately so it is going back tomorrow morning for some live emulation to get it sorted as the curve isn't as smooth as it should be ... had a few cars done by Awesome and they've been spot on. The Rocco is being a PITA like it's owner... ;) :D
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Dyno and pic... 8)

You can see the issue with 'after' curve I mentioned.

daves2369
In: Rising Blue
Options: APR Stage 1
Heated Viena Leather,
18" interlagos alloys
RNS510,
Bluetooth 9w7,
Milltek Cat Back,
VWR Intake,
Cruise Control,
Parking sensors,
MK5 R32 345mm Setup,

Post by daves2369 »

That's a shame Let me know how it gets on! Yeah there customer service seems to be pretty good!

Just a question did you get the switchable map put on yours as I tried using the cruise control to go to stock and nothing happens when using set etc.. might give them a call as I did say that I wan't the switchable map.
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

daves2369 wrote:That's a shame Let me know how it gets on! Yeah there customer service seems to be pretty good!

Just a question did you get the switchable map put on yours as I tried using the cruise control to go to stock and nothing happens when using set etc.. might give them a call as I did say that I wan't the switchable map.
I went down this morning, where Mark and Chris did road testing and logging and the car is spot on... seems the issue is the dyno and the way it measures on the rundown. I need to shift up earlier as well as I keep driving it like my old LC (petrol turbo) ... it pulls well and is smooth :yes:

I didn't get the switchable map no... a quick phone call or email should get it sorted! :)

Their customer service is outstanding. I will be getting them to service the Scirocco shortly.
Deniz94
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White

Post by Deniz94 »

Sorry for hijacking your thread but im planning to get a remap soon on mine and was wondering how much did it cost?

Also whats the switchable map mean? :P
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Deniz94 wrote:Sorry for hijacking your thread but im planning to get a remap soon on mine and was wondering how much did it cost?

With the 30% Black Friday discount it worked out to £240 for mine ... usually £350.

APR maps are a bit more expensive, but they didn't do one for my engine at the time hence went with awesome's own maps which I know from experience are very good.

Switchable map ... this means you can select between 'standard' and 'mapped' from the stalk ...
Deniz94
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White

Post by Deniz94 »

Mr OCD wrote:
Deniz94 wrote:Sorry for hijacking your thread but im planning to get a remap soon on mine and was wondering how much did it cost?

With the 30% Black Friday discount it worked out to £240 for mine ... usually £350.

APR maps are a bit more expensive, but they didn't do one for my engine at the time hence went with awesome's own maps which I know from experience are very good.

Switchable map ... this means you can select between 'standard' and 'mapped' from the stalk ...
Oh ok thanks do these guys do the switchble map or anyone else you know?
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Deniz94 wrote:
Mr OCD wrote:

Oh ok thanks do these guys do the switchble map or anyone else you know?
They will be able to do it.
250champion
In: Opal Silver
With a: DSG box

Post by 250champion »

Wouldn’t have thought this torque figure was possible