Tesla P85D

jwailf
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: revo engine stg 2+, revo dsg sty 2, vwr intake, vwr big brake kit, revo engine and transmission mounts, VWR rear anti roll bar, VWR springs, VWR Front Anti Roll Bar, VWR Front Suspension Bush Kit. APR HPFP, miltek turbo back exhaust, Wagner Intercooler

Tesla P85D

Post by jwailf »

Hello,
i just thought i'd mention the tesla P85D. I cover a lot of company miles (run my own business) and with the mpg and price of Vpower got recommended to look at the tesla's by a friend who runs an S8. The audi s8 forum he's in had a large meet in wales a couple weeks back and somehow managed to get tesla in knutsford to take down some cars. I nipped down to the dealership purely out of curiosity. I mean how can a battery powered car excite a proud pretolhead V8 owner so much?

Well 700hp, 0-60 in 3.1 sec and a range of 300 miles does that. Having had several test drives and a couple phone calls to my accountant it turns out the tax breaks for a electric car are ridiculous. In my accountants words "you'd be silly not to do it".

The power delivery is just ludicrous. It has 100% hp and torque at idle. Accelerating from a standstill honestly causes a degree of pain. To 40mph i honestly believe no road legal car can keep up and theres no launch control to engage, you just floor it. It completely changes your perception of acceleration. I would strongly recomend you book in at your nearest tesla dealership and book a test drive.