Some Checks On New Car Collection

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Re: Some Checks On New Car Collection

Post by ZephyR »

Whereas a 3.5 mm jack allows you to just play music from your mp3 player via your radio these special cables allow you to use your touch screen radio (and steering wheel controls if you have them) to control your mp3 player. Also you can see on the screen what is being played and navigate thru folders etc.
Honeywell1945

Post by Honeywell1945 »

Thanks Chris & Zephyr R
Ibanez33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Post by Ibanez33 »

No that it really matters but shouldn't 20 and 21 be the other way round?

Also as far as the transport blocks go are these easy to spot if they have been left in (i.e the car will look likre an off roader), I'm hoping its not a common occurrence...
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

its not a common occurance ibanez

also the list is not exhaustive & not in the specific order things should be done (technically you would check you had two remote keys first if you're being picky)

S
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Hi guys,

This is a really useful checklist - I'm due to collect mine tomorrow and I know I will be sooooooo excited. Unless I have a list to tick off, I'm bound to forget something.......

Ha - only twelve hours to go. This is as bad as being a kid on Christmas Eve - is that the sound of sleigh bells? :hyper:
Baptised with Aerosmith
mickscirocco
Options: 19" lugano black style pack ,mats,Alloy pedals,Door sills, remap stage 1

Post by mickscirocco »

Hi All

has anyone got a recent check list for the newer modals mine will be ready in sept 10, and i know there is alot more standard fit stuff, a new up to date check list would be great, anyone collected there recently.

thanks
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Mick

standard items are standard so will be there! if its not the dealer will state it wasn't standard spec in the first place & a list from here won't prove otherwise, you would need a copy of the spec from the vw website at the time of order and or build
its the optional stuff you need to make sure is fitted to the car as that is the extra you have paid for which is covered in the list.
BadBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

Post by BadBoy »

How many tow eyes(?) shoudl it come with 1 or 2?
The Don

Post by The Don »

Select appropriate tyre kicking footwear! Picking my new car up on Thursday!! :-)
Riad
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Post by Riad »

Good guide will come in useful when i collect the new car
crockzz
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat Nav, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Luxury carpet mats, Mud flaps, Boot liner.

Ordered 28th Jan 2012.
Took delivery: 11th May 2012.

Post by crockzz »

Thanks for this. My Scirocco due mid/late March. Can't wait!
Roy
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 2 zone climate, cruise, winter pack, xenon, fogs, DAB, Dynaudio, parking sensors, multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift, electric door mirrors, flaps, XDS, nodding black bear.

Post by Roy »

Good colour choice crockzz! Will be printing this list off myself for next week...
Mini Clubman, Mini, (Golf MK1), Golf MK2, Scirocco MK1, Golf MK3, Scirocco MK2, Golf MK4, Scirocco MK3.
crockzz
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Sat Nav, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Luxury carpet mats, Mud flaps, Boot liner.

Ordered 28th Jan 2012.
Took delivery: 11th May 2012.

Post by crockzz »

Thanks Roy. I think the Scirocco looks awesome in the red. Am just surprised how few red ones I've seen on the road, in comparison to some of the other colours - but fine by me!
Paralla
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

Mine came with one of the plastic wheel bolt covers missing so thats worth checking while you are inspecting the wheels for kerb dammage.
ayoung
Options: I ordered the Candy White in early October and was told that the arrival date will be late November....! It is a long wait for me now....seeing all your posted pictures make me even want mine to arrive earlier.

Post by ayoung »

About 30 VW new cars are found having rusty joints and white spots all round the under body.
Better check this out. There are photos in the Hong Kong VW forum.
murdoch
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: everything

Post by murdoch »

try enjoying the car
jgalea324
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by jgalea324 »

Someone post a pic of a '14 Rocco in a really gorgeous purple colour. Does anyone have the link to that thread please?
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Think you mean this one: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sukhy

Post by Sukhy »

One can dream of performing there checks one day