UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

Post by uklee »

Hi Everyone :wave:

I joined the forum a few weeks ago , and introduced myself in the Newbie forum whilst i was on the lookout to buy myself a Scirocco . Well after what seems like ages of searching for the right car ( at the right price !) i picked it up yesterday and i thought i'd come and share my joy ! :woohoo:

It's a 14MY Scirocco GTS TDi 177 manual in Candy White , but the stripes have been removed and the mirrors have been painted black (at my request). I really like the spec of the GTS , especially the interior with the red detailing on the black leather trim but i'm afraid that i HATE the stripes :puke: . I was struggling to find a scirocco in the colour and spec that i wanted , and had been disregarding the GTS model in my searches because of the stripes. After a bit of research i found out that they are only vynl add-ons , so a few hours with a hairdryer and they're off !. The dealer agreed to do this for me to close the sale & when i went to see it, it looked SO much better :bigthumb: The red door mirrors looked out of place , so i asked to have them repainted in black too.

Apart from the usual GTS spec , it has some nice factory options - Bi-Xenon headlamps, RNS510 DAB head unit with the Dynaudio soundpack, a Full Colour MFC, Rear park sensors, 90% tinted windows and the Winter pack too.

Today, i finally stopped driving it long enough today to take some pics :driver:

Here are a few

I Hope you like it - I absolutely love it ! . There are few things i'd like to add to it in the future - such as the reverse camera and maybe powerfold mirrors , so i hope to become an active member of this forum in the weeks & months to come :)

OK - i think that's enough showing off for now - but if you're still not bored of it yet , there are loads more photo's in my photobucket album Here > http://s223.photobucket.com/user/street ... y/Scirocco

All the best

Lee
Last edited by uklee on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Re: Picked up my new GTS ! - i love it :-)

Post by flashash »

Nice mate. Definitely Better without the stripes.
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Looks really spot on. Much better without stripes - looks more upmarket.
Tash
I drive a: R-Line
With a: DSG box

Post by Tash »

What a difference, so much better without the stripes and red mirrors, not sure what VW were thinking, there are a lot of nearly new 177 GTS' s for sale and hardly any R-line, if the stripes were removed there would be very few for sure.

We have ordered a 177 R-line dsg in candy picking up tuesday. Got me thinking now though as the GTS interior is very nice, especially like the gloss black.
M4CES

Post by M4CES »

Looks so much better without the stripes

Nice spec on the car too mate
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

That is a great looking car. I'm agree with others that it does look better without stripes and with black mirrors. Despite me thinking the stripes looked ok. Love the interior stitching !!
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Griffspeed
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise control
Winter pack
Folding mirrors

Post by Griffspeed »

Beautiful!
Enjoy it :clap:
Terryrussell1952
In: Dark Oak

Post by Terryrussell1952 »

Looks brilliant without the stripes, please keep us posted about what you think of the engine and torque in particular as I'm looking to change my tsi gt 210 when 3 years old in March, possibly for this engine. It should be pretty quick and economical.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

love the interior but i'm a strips fan so sad to see them go, just looks like every other rocco now
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
uklee
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Thanks for the feedback peeps :)

Yeah , i guess the stripes are a bit like marmite - love 'em or hate 'em . Personally , i like it better this way :nod:

Lee
Last edited by uklee on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
rutheri
In: Reflex Silver
Options: bluetooth, heated seats,

Post by rutheri »

One of the very best Roccos on here! Absolute belter. Enjoy ! :D
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

I was very against the GTS with all the stripes but you have changed my mind - very nice car!
Phil
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Crackin' motor and spec mate. Definitely better without the stripes.
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
RocMan
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by RocMan »

Looks awesome. Who needs the stripes when it has those wheels!
uklee

Post by uklee »

Thanks guys :)

i managed to fix my dectanes too ! - there were some extra resistors in the box that needed to be wired in to the sidelight circuit. There was no mention of them in the little instruction pages that came in the box (according to that - they were supposed to be plug n play) , and they were 'hidden' under the packaging. Once they were soldered in to the sidelight circuit there was no more error message on the sidelight :yes:

All's well that ends well :D

warrenlord
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by warrenlord »

Hay

The running lights look awesome.. Was it a easy Job once you worked it out how to get rid of the message ? Anymore pictures maybe.
uklee

Post by uklee »

Yep - pretty straight forward . All you need to to is to wire in the canbus resistor to the sidelight wires . The are 2 wires coming from the resistor , 1 goes to the +ve and the other goes to the -ve for the sidelight feed . You can use the 'scotchlock' type connectors supplied with the dectane lamp kit and have it done in seconds , but i prefer to strip back the insulation , solder the the resistor wire to the sidelight wire , then seal with shrink wrap . It's a far more robust job and looks much less of a bodge.

It's just a bit fiddly to do it this way , as there's not much slack in the harness - so you are working very close to the bumper with your soldering iron. I didn't take any pics I'm afraid , but it really is quite a simple case of connecting 2 wires to 2 wires ! . Once this is done the error message goes away - there isn't any need to mess with VAG-COM or anything like that.

Lee
Bowser
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

Loving that interior! Looks lovely. I see you have the metal effect pedals. I wonder if you can buy these from VW as my GT DSG just has black pedals and it looks quite bland.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Bowser wrote:Loving that interior! Looks lovely. I see you have the metal effect pedals. I wonder if you can buy these from VW as my GT DSG just has black pedals and it looks quite bland.
Use the search function and u will find lots of information regarding the metal pedals. Can be bought from vw but they pop up on ebay alot cheaper than the dealers would charge.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
uklee

Post by uklee »

I've done a few bits & bobs to the Rocco since i bought it , and plan to do a few more - so i thought i'd turn this into my build thread :nod:

First mod on the list (after the dectane LED's) was to retro fit the reverse camera.

I did a full 'How To' post for retrofitting the reverse camera kit - you can find it here >> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=14682

Soon after that , the next thing i wanted were the power fold mirrors with the reverse dip .

Again, I did a full 'How To' post for retrofitting the power fold mirrors - you can find that one here >> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 37&t=14719

The next mods on the list were the covered cup holder & the "smokers pack" ( a covered ashtray & Cigar lighter) from the Golf VI, an Illuminated 12v socket in the rear of the armrest / console and some LED door lights .

The covered cup holder & door lamps came from http://www.bold-sport.com/store/ , the smokers pack was an ebay find and the 12v socket that was fitted in the front of the console was moved to the rear so that the kids could charge their ipods etc :)

Next came a few VAG-COM tweeks :)

Alarm confirmation beep
Rain closing windows
Big Speedo on the MFD
Needle sweep on start up

The next major mod was retro fitting cruise control

Once again, I did a full 'How To' post for retrofitting cruise control to a 10MY onwards Rocco - you can find that one here >>http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 38&t=14802

My latest addition, is a genuine VW Cup spoiler for the roof . I managed to pull a few strings at the dealer who supplied my car , so i had it supplied , painted and fitted by them for a really good price. I really like the new spoiler -for me it changes the whole appearance of the car . Here are some pics of how the car looks now :D

Lee :)
Last edited by uklee on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.