Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Mk7 Golf GTi official pics

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen has made its new Golf GTI Mk7 faster and more powerful than ever, ahead of its UK launch in June.

The final specification of the production car has now been confirmed ahead of its Geneva motor show launch next week, and the hot hatch is nearly identical to the ‘concept’ version shown last autumn.

Two versions of the car will be offered: a 217bhp standard car and a 227bhp Performance Package version, a first for the Golf GTI. A turbocharged 2.0-litre petrol engine with 258lb ft is used in both cars.

A six-speed manual gearbox is standard in both cars, with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic available as an option. The standard GTI can crack 0-62mph in 6.5sec and reach a 153mph top speed.

Both cars share the same 47.1mpg combined economy, 139g/km CO2 emissions and 1276kg kerb weight.

The Performance Package cuts 0.1sec off the 0-62mph time and adds 2mph at the top end.

The GTI gets a lowered sports chassis, twin exhaust tailpipes, 17-inch ‘Brooklyn’ alloys and a body kit with wider sills and integrated rear diffuser. Cabin features include a sports steering wheel and pedals, plus traditional plaid sports seats.

Standard models get 314mm ventilated front discs and 300mm rear unventilated discs. Performance Package versions feature ventilated disc brakes all round, 342mm at the front and 310mm at the rear.

Prices for the new VW Golf GTI are yet to be confirmed but are expected to start at around £26,000 for the three-door manual version and £27,500 for the DSG-equipped version.

Five-door models will likely command a premium of around £650, while the Performance Package should cost in the region of £1,000.

Volkswagen has also confirmed the specification of a new GTD model, which largely shares its looks with the GTI. Power comes from a 181bhp, 280lb ft 2.0 TDI engine.

Equipped with a standard six-speed manual gearbox, it can crack 0-62mph in 7.5sec on its way to a 137mph top speed. Combined economy is rated at 67.3mpg and CO2 emissions are just 109g/km.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: Mk7 Golf GTi official pics

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Looks good but £1000 for an extra 10 bhp, and brake upgrade is that worth it? The Gtd sounds good aswell.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

No news on the Mk7 R though? :(
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Looks good but £1000 for an extra 10 bhp, and brake upgrade is that worth it? The Gtd sounds good aswell.
Yes as you get a mechanical diff as well, GTIs brakes have never been their strongest feature

Really like it and will be interesting if 3 door impacts on roc sales given its a new platform

Hoping my wife will go for a more door as the bling wheels may tempt her, I'll be keeping my mk6 for a while though
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

Looks really good. Especially liking the lower front grill detailing. The way the stereo is integrated makes it look a bit of a pig to swap out should you wish. Would still like to see VW release a 200+bhp diesel R engine in line with other similar cars on the market. Maybe they're keeping it back for the MkIV Roc.
scirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

I'm considering selling my second Scirocco for one. I was in chatting to the dealer on Saturday morning and it looks as if the numbers will be limited to about 1 per month per dealer.