yet another Bluetooth post

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
LuRcH
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather Interior, Folding mirrors, climate control, fog lights, cruise control, ACC, TPMS, Bluetooth

yet another Bluetooth post

Post by LuRcH »

After reading a couple of forums and doing Google searches I am aware that it seems to be one of the most popular questions on pretty much all VW, and Skoda forums. Which is the Bluetooth modules that will definitely work with my Scirocco (2011), RCD510, and iPhone. I know some people say to get a Fiscon Unit however they seem to cost more than a number of VW ones I've seen.

I almost decided on 5K0 035 730 D (9W7) which sounded like it would work, and seems to be popular on a Golf based forum I stumbled across. However when searching for prices, etc stumbled across http://www.carsystems.pl/bluetooth-kit,c76.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which seams to list a whole load of models i've not seen before and converting from Euros to Sterling makes them about £170 delivered. So have thought about the 7P6 035 730 L (9ZA) but no idea if it would be compatible or fit. I have sent them an email asking, however i've not heard back from them. Any anyone else fitted either of the modules or similar?
Ferg
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Alloy Sill Plates, Mud flaps, Quick shifter

Re: yet another Bluetooth post

Post by Ferg »

I bought the vw touch (bury 9060) Bluetooth kit off eBay for £70. So far I'm pretty impressed with it for the price
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

http://www.my-gti.com/1080/volkswagen-s ... ifferences" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LuRcH
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Leather Interior, Folding mirrors, climate control, fog lights, cruise control, ACC, TPMS, Bluetooth

Post by LuRcH »

Ordered and received the 3C8035730C (9W4/9ZU/9ZZ) kit from carsystems pl which I managed to fit and actually worked without needing to alter anything using VCDS even though as far as I am aware the car never had Bluetooth before. Though have used VCDS to allow voice control, which as have a RCD510 means that only voice commands for the phone itself works, though still more than I was expecting. :) Though not been able to get A2DP working, can't see anything on VCDS relating to it, the RCD510 shows it as an option along the top, but doesn't seem to pick up the capability on my iPhone 4S.

PS. I found that the link http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... trofitting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has more up to date Bluetooth info than the my-gti link which seems to be a couple of years out of date listing models.