Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

F40 birthday parade

Post by Kev »

This was the moment 60 Ferrari F40 owners took part in a world record parade of the Italian car maker's most famous model.

The F40 was the first production car capable of 200mph when it was launched in 1987.

And to celebrate the iconic machine's 25th birthday, 60 owners from around the world descended on Silverstone for an anniversary parade.

Nigel Chiltern-Hunt, who spent two-years organising the event, arrived in the 1990 Ferrari F40 he has owned for ten years.

He said: "We set the previous record in 2007 when 44 owners arrived in their F40s but 60 is amazing.

"Owners travelled from as far as Switzerland, Sweden and the USA. One English owner came here from Romania.

"It was hard work getting everything together but it was a perfect day and a marvellous sight."

Despite being launched in 1987, the F40 is still regarded by many as the world's greatest supercar.

It was also Enzo Ferrari’s 'swansong' car - with the company boss passing away aged 90 the following year.

Designed to be the closest thing to a Formula One car for the road, the F40 was fitted with a twin-turbocharged 3-litre V8 engine developing 478bhp.

This gave the two-seat supercar a 0-60mph time of 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 201mph - making it the first car capable of the then fabled double-ton.

Mr Chiltern-Hunt, 67, a retired businessman from Hertfordshire, has owned two F40s over the years.

He added: "The F40 was Enzo Ferrari's last statement and he signed every owners' handbook. It is the only car car he did it with.

"I bought one from new but sold it and realised what a mistake I'd made so I bought another one soon after - it is the original supercar.

"I only really bring it out for special events. My daily drive is a ten-year-old Ford Focus."
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: F40 birthday parade

Post by wigit »

i still love these and feel like a kid every time i see one
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Re: F40 birthday parade

Post by Ryy »

Beautiful cars.