In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

SKY/BBC announce F1 coverage info

Post by Kev »

SKY have launched their F1 channel

They've also revealed who will be doing which races
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... F1-channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://f1.sky.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula ... 893254.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SKY - 2012 FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne)
SKY - 2012 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur)
BBC - 2012 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai)
SKY - 2012 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir)
BBC - FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA SANTANDER 2012 (Catalunya)
BBC - FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2012 (Monte Carlo)
SKY - FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2012 (Montréal)
BBC - 2012 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia)
BBC - 2012 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone)
SKY - FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2012 (Hockenheim)
SKY - FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2012 (Budapest)
BBC - 2012 FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps)
SKY - FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2012 (Monza)
BBC - 2012 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore)
SKY - 2012 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka)
BBC - 2012 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam)
SKY - 2012 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA (New Delhi)
BBC - 2012 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit)
SKY - 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX (Austin)
BBC - FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2012 (São Paulo)

For the races the BBC isn't showing live, the qually will be on at 1pm for the far east races and 5.30pm for the euro ones.
Extended race highlights will be at a similar time.

Not too bad I guess.
I'm prepared to give it a go before deciding whether to fork out £20/month to add sky sports to my current package.
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Re: SKY/BBC announce F1 coverage info

Post by a4gee »

Kev,

It would be £10 a month to get it. You don`t need the sports pack to see the races. Upgrade to HD and then you get that channel.

Still have no idea how the bbc can`t afford it......they are still sending all the crews to each race to give the full coverage be it being shortened :shrug:
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

I can't get HD as I'm on a communal dish. I'll have to look at the deals but I suspect I won't be paying out for something I can get free a couple of hours later anyway.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

looks like a will they won't they stand off has begun for the Austin race... http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111116/F1/111119894" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Brundle has confirmed he's commentating on SKY. He didn't want to commentate on a replay.

BBC have removed Lee McKenzie, Ted Kravitz and Martin Brundle from their twitter list. I wonder if they're off too in that case.

If the beeb end up with Jonathan Legard then that alone might force me over to SKY!

I saw an interesting article too about how they picked who covered each race.
- BBC had the first three picks: they chose Monaco, Silverstone and Brazil
- Sky had the next three then they alternated, picking three races at a time
- Neither side could choose three back-to-back races
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Ah the school playground, sorry I mean world media
Ryy
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

I thought Sky were showing every race live?

"EVERY RACE LIVE - available in HD and with no advertising breaks during race"
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Sky are showing every race live.

The BBC are advertising that they have every race, which they do, but 10 of them will be 3-4hours late.

Looks like Jake, DC and Lee McKenzie are staying with the BBC. Jake obviously wants one of the Olympic presenter jobs so staying is a no brainer for him. Be interesting to see who co-commentates with DC. If it's Legard or James Allen that might be enough to tip a lot of people over the edge to pay up for SKY.
a4gee
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

I want EJ to stay! He`s always a laugh even when he`s trying to be serious.
Strange how one minute Lee is out then she`s in. Do they know themselves?
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Kev wrote:Sky are showing every race live.
So what's with the pick's above? and also why doesn't the list of races show Sky at all of them?
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

That's what I understood it to be but I might be wrong. Otherwise there wouldn't be a lot of point Brundle going to sky saying he didn't want to commentate on reruns.

From Sky's F1 site

EVERY RACE LIVE - available in HD and with no advertising breaks during races
PRACTICE & QUALIFYING - each practice and qualifying session live and available in HD
MORE F1™ SHOWS – brand new analysis and highlights shows
MORE LIVE CONTENT – extra coverage through Sky's red button interactive service
ACCESS – Available online, on mobile and on iPad with Sky Go, available to full Sky Sports and Sky HD subscribers
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

Yeah, that's what I understood. Everything Sky has said, doesn't match up with that info from the first post.

Sky have all races, aren't stopping them for adds and have Brundle and Jardine definitely on the broadcast team. It's not known if they'll have a studio or if they'll have people in the paddock ala BBC (which for me is part of the fun how BBC have built it)

Rumours flying that Murray Walker will commentate. Maybe just people wanting to happen, but with the rerun / non-live schedule, it will allow him to stay here most of the races and do it from a studio. Let's just say, he can bring a piece of paper to speedy life, so he could do it easy.
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Looks like Sky have basically bought BBC radio 5 Live!
In the first major unveiling for the 2012 campaign, Sky Sports have revealed their team of pundits, presenters and commentators to broadcast every session from all the season's races next year.

In an eagerly-awaited announcement, the station has confirmed that the hugely popular David Croft will join forces with Martin Brundle in the commentary box for each of the 2012's races, with Brundle on air during every day of each grand prix, dividing his time between paddock, pitlane and commentary box. The flexibility means that former F1 driver Anthony Davidson will be reunited with Croft for commentary duties for each of the weekend's practice sessions.

"In Martin Brundle we have the outstanding F1 broadcaster - on the track and in broadcasting, he's proved it time and again," commented Sky Sports Executive Producer Martin Turner.

"Working alongside him, David Croft is a passionate, experienced commentator and Anthony Davidson can bring great technical knowledge to live practice sessions."

In support, both Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz will scour the pitlane in search of the inside scoop on what's occurring, with Kravitz also co-presenting the magazine show that Sky Sports have also announced will be part of their package.

Ted's co-presenter on the magazine show will be Georgie Thompson, a familiar face to viewers of Sky Sports News, while another familiar face to Sky Sports viewers, Simon Lazenby, will host each grand prix weekend.

And last, but by no means least, broadcasting veteran Steve Rider will stage a series of big interviews with racing legends of the past and present for Sky Sports.

"Ted Kravitz has huge knowledge of the pitlane and paddock and he and Natalie Pinkham will get the information and access our viewers need," added Turner.

"And guiding us through the coverage we have the experience of Simon Lazenby and Georgie Thompson. Each has hosted major sports events, from the British Lions to the Ryder Cup - they have trust and respect."
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

Croft, Brundle & Davidson is a match made in heaven for me.

I think I actually will miss the 3 "presenters" on the BBC though. Jake, Coulthard and of course Eddie just have that "fan" thing within them.

I still wonder if Murray Walker is being approached for the BBC after it has gone a bit quiet on that front.

Dunno bout this Rugby presenter. What exactly is Jardine doing then? He's always on SSN when something happens. Really suprised they didn't go for the weird looking guy who does Indycar either. They should of called is Sky Sports Racing HD so they could throw Nascar / Indycar on too.
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

I saw a nice summary of what's being lined up

Presenters: Simon Lazenby & Georgie Thomson
Commentary (Practice sessions): David Croft & Anthony Davidson
Commentary (Races): David Croft & Martin Brundle
Pundits: Anthony Davidson & possibly Mark Blundell or Tony Jardine, although they haven't been confirmed.
Pitlane Reporters: Natalie Pinkham & Ted Kravitz.

Brundle will also continue to present features about the technology of F1, and it's personalities. Steve Rider will also interview the 'Legends of F1', but won't be directly involved in presenting the coverage.

There will also be a round up magazine show after a GP, hosted by Ted Kravitz & Georgie Thompson.

-----------------

The BBC are apparently leaning towards Allen and/or Legard. I can't see Murray Walker coming back.

I think that will tip the balance for a lot of people, me included, to go to Sky.
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

Legard? Defo. Allen? Defo. Walker. I dunno. lol. Will watch both probably tbh. Especially if 2 things are recording and I have to jump to BBC
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Ben Edwards confirms he will be the BBC's commentator in 2012
He's ITV's BTCC commentator in case you didn't know.
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

He's the one who gets excited way too much each time he sees Matt Neal on a track and almost dies if Plato is anywhere near him.

Not bad, but defo going to be watching Sky.
O_Ghost
In: Deep Black
Options: Sat Nav
Climatronic
Cruise
Panoramic Roof
Leather

Post by O_Ghost »

Hell, looks like I'll have to sort my VPN Proxy out properly to stream Sky out to Japan. What a PITA. Still, only a few more barren weeks to go!!
Regards

John
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

EPG is up on digiguide.