monkeyman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensers
cruise control

Fabia VRS

Post by monkeyman »

What do people think of the Skoda Fabia VRS estate? :yes: :no: Im talking about their latest model that shares its platform with the Polo Gti and the Seat Ibiza. Im looking at replacing my 'Roc with a smaller-bigger car as its geting hard climbing in the back with a car seat full of chunky monkey. :D The way I see it' its a winy bit bigger than a my 'Roc, but crucially it has 5 doors and a massive boot. And with a 1.4 twin charged engine pumping out 180 bhp through a 7 speed DSG its nearly as quick but more economical and cheaper to insure. What drew me to the VRS is the estate version due to the fact we have a chunky pram so the Polo Gti was out of the equation and im not forking out over 25 grand for a Golf Gti and have it less equiped that my 'Roc. Plus after specing the Fabia it comes in at just under 18 grand.

I took one for a test drive the other day and it was fantastic to drive, fast, stuck to the road and (I was very surprised at) very comfy, riding very close to my 'Roc in comfort mode. The only downsides are, Its a Skoda (not a problem as im not a badge snob) its less equiped and less quality finish inside compaired to the 'Roc.

What do you guys/girls think of it???
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Fabia VRS

Post by wigit »

looked at a labia when hunting for the cheap and s#itty for the city and its a car that doesn't do anything for me, in reality i think you'd be better looking at the octavia vrs in hatch or estate (so much better than a passat) in tsi or tdi

agree to disagree on the GTI prices, spec for spec excluding ACC (for me prefer stock GTI set up) the GTI is cheaper given they come with leather as standard all be it you need to fork out for the RCD, i was a little surprised how expensive roccos are these days
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Ummmm Wigit, mate.... what have you got on your mind??
monkeyman
In: Candy White
Options: Parking sensers
cruise control

Post by monkeyman »

wigit wrote: in reality i think you'd be better looking at the octavia vrs in hatch or estate (so much better than a passat) in tsi or tdi
3 reasons Im not looking at the Octavia although I have thought about it.

1 Its a little too expencive for what I can afford this time round ( extra work has dried up at the moment so my savings are a little low )

2 I want a smaller engine but with similar performance, as my car spends most of its time going to and from work and that is a 9 mile trip and the fastest road is a 50mph duel carrageway covered in speed cameras. So its a little too thirsty for my daily driver. I still want to have fun every now and again but just a bit cheaper all round.

3 Its a bit of a silly point but nearly every taxi in Dirtford is an Octavia and where I work silly shifts I dont want people jumping in the back if I stop for some reason late at night.