Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

VW unveil Racing Caddy

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen has unveiled the 2011 Caddy Racer at the Commercial Vehicle Show in Birmingham, England.

Based on the facelifted Caddy, the Racer is powered by a 2.0-liter petrol engine that develops 270 PS (199 kW / 266 hp) and 512 Nm (378 lb-ft) of torque. Other goodies include a revised six-speed manual transmission, Nitron adjustable dampers, a roll cage, and 18-inch alloy wheels with Hankook racing tires.

According to Volkswagen UK Commercial Vehicle director Simon Elliott, "We learnt a lot through the developments made with the original Caddy Racer, and initial tests with the new van have been extremely promising. This really is a clear demonstration of Brilliant Made Better - I just can't wait to get back out on track."
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Re: VW unveil Racing Caddy

Post by jammyd »

Cool,

but I bet the RAC still take 2 hours to get to your break down and them umm and arrrrhhh about what might be wrong!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: VW unveil Racing Caddy

Post by wigit »

I was having a look around the caddy this morning and looked great, probably wont be like that after it's first outing at oulton
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2