Cars you have owned before getting a Rocco??

Joloke
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Luxury "Scirocco" Mats

Cars you have owned before getting a Rocco??

Post by Joloke »

First please forgive me if this has been done before but i thought id ask the question what cars have you had before your Scirocco? And also does anybody have a classic car also as well as their Roc?

Piccys Please :D

Ill start

My motoring history started with one of these(not mine just a pic off the web but mine was exactly the same :yes: )
A 1971 Ford Capri 1600 gtxlr in "evergreen" with a black vinyl roof :p

after that i got my first new car
1998 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Automatic ;) ( and my first camera too a really naff poloroid :lol: )

then i got bored with modern cars and bought at the time a 23 year old Mini Clubman Automatic

then i had no car for a while before getting "Asbo"
a 2006 Nissan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto

Followed by a lime green Fiat Panda Dualogic

then around 2007 id moved from Merseyside to Wiltshire and decided everytime i traveled up to see my parents i didnt want to be on the M5/M6 in a teeny weeny ickle car so started searching for something bigger ;)

So we then got Heinrich or Heiny as hes affectionatly known :)
2007 VW Golf Match 1.6 Auto (non DSG) in Graphite Blue

and we still have him now :D

Heiny is going in December to be replaced by our Viper Green Rocco currently on order :clap:

Oh yeh between August 2008-June 2010 we also had a 1995 Rover Mini Sprite 1.3 Single Point Injection one of the very last "Real Minis ever Manufactured with an Automatic Gearbox :nod:

He was Called Boris but also known as "Project Money Pit" :cry: :cry: :cry:

You name it he had it new doors,inner & outta sills,full 2k respray,new gearbox engine rebuild,new brakes,tyres,wheels,chrome etc etc but we decided to sell him in the end because we knew in time he would cost us money yet again :cry:

plus with some of the nutters on the road these days we didnt feel safe in him anymore :cry:

During Restoring Boris we also had this Mad Lilac Citroen C2 Furio "Sensordrive" as a runaround whilst Boris was off the Road :rolleyes:

never ever touch a Sensordrive with a bargepole!!

They drive like a learner with no clutch control skills and the gearbox software has a mind of its own :rolleyes:

Whilst driving to pick up my other half from work in rush hour on a busy town centre roundabout i accelerated the gearbox selected 1st,2nd,3rd,then at 30mph selected "N" :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

I still want another classic but im getting old now and find Minis too Cramped,Unreliable and noisey for me though and being a bit of a greasemonkey girl i wont be happy until i have another classic to tinker with :rolleyes:

My new Rocco will be my everyday car and i want a classic Mercedes E Class to tinker with :D
One like this A W123 230e :yes:
my other half believes that its too big for me and is trying her best to steer me in the direction of a w201(190e)

i like 190e,s too dont get me wrong but theres something about W123,s there like intergalactic warships :D :D :D

We will see? Only time will tell but i want a W123 as a big Brother for my Roc ;)

So come on guyz n girlz whats your car history and do any of you have a Classic too or want a Classsic??

Before you reply dont forget

:worthless:
:nod:

Huggz
Jodie :)
Be Kind To The Enviroment and Drive a Green Car. Mines Definatly Green So I am Doing My Bit for the Enviroment ;)
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: Cars you have owned before getting a Rocco??

Post by Chungster »

dont have pics (well found some now).....but here's the history!

First car 1990 G Reg Vauxhall Nova 1.0 with 4 speed box no parcel shelf (weight saving measure im sure). roughly 50bhp i think, and my god it was slow.

Then it was a 1996 P Reg Nissan Micra 1.0 with 5 speed box...55bhp i think. Still slow. Had no less than 7 Max Power stickers, a Janspeed 2" Cat Back exhaust, TD Monza 6.5x15 alloys. I drove it like a stole it but it didn't go anywhere fast. Obviously started reading MP and the world of modifying began for me.

Then i left uni, and got a job. 1 year in, bought my first new car. 2000 X Reg Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT - my first taste of turbo power and booooooooost. 156bhp, and the drive home was amazing. I could finally over take cars!!!!

Spent quite a lot of money modding it, RSD 210 package, AP Racing 4 pots, Milltek Cat Back, 17" Speedline GT2's. It was very reliable, met alot of new friends along the way thanks to that car and popped my track day cherry in it.

Then i was getting paid more, and got a brand new 2003 (Blob Eye) Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK with 265bhp (yes it had gold wheels and pink badges).

5" back box (had to be done) and HKS Super SQV DV (also had to be done). Full set of Defi gauges (mega!)

But only stayed for 15months and decided to give it back to dealer at a major loss :(

then had a couple of years rebuilding finances, so got myself a bike licence and bought a Honda CBR600F to play wiv. OMG. It was awesome, even for a puny 100bhp 600cc SuperSport bike. :D

Finances rebuilt, ordered a 2006 Mk5 Golf GTI. Owned for 4 years...litely modded. Fantastic car really. 197bhp. Remapped to ~240bhp. :nod:

Then last year, getting annoyed wiv having to resit my final exam again.....decided to sod it and order the Roc R.

Luckily between the time I ordered the car and picking up the car, i did my exam and got the result i've been working towards for last 8 years - it was finally all over and i had passed my final accountancy exam.

Feb 25th...I picked up the Roc R and been loving it ever since. :)
Last edited by Chungster on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

oh jez i'm going to have to see what pics i've got of my motley line up now...

I had Rupert a BRG 1973 morris mini (desperately seeking, reg ULN 183M) rebuilt by my dad for my 17th birthday ended up built like a tank thanks to dads 'reinforcements' & he also had a lovely few little tweaks of hi-lo suspension and minilites that were left on from his previous incarnation of a racing mini (that never ran :rolleyes: ) sadly i didn't get to keep the bigger engine or racing brakes :( still managed to regularly overtake bmw's and hit decent speeds though :)

then along came Frasier a 1991 Rover Studio 2 mini in a beautiful limited edition pearly blue colour who as with all minis needed some tlc but was a beast in the snow never getting stuck or sliding unlike all the other cars that seemed to be on the road at the same time shame it was always colder inside the car than outside

next was Toby the red packhorse 306 TD with whom I had a love hate relationship after he tried to throw his engine out all over the A14 but managed to last till I decided the gubberment could have him and his foibles & give me 2k to put towards Dex the rocco who is brill & will be 1 year old next month :) although i'm also now getting the itch to find another classic for me to put out the back and ticker with

pics hopefully to follow
monkeyman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensers
cruise control

Post by monkeyman »

On passing my test back in 2006, my first car was the obligatory MK3 Ford Fiesta, in 3 door K reg guise with a 1.1 litre oil burning engine with a carb!! With possibaly 50 BHP. I had that for about a year and a half and crashed it lots of times and had it broken in to so many times I run out of doors for it. I got rid of it after it was nicked by some f*@#ing twocers and writen off. :grumpy:

The same day I bought was a blue MK3 (possibly) Suzuki Swift on a N reg with a 1.1 litre 3 (yes 3 :faint: ) cylinder engine with maybe 55 BHP. It was a fantastic little car and very well equiped even though it was a shed!! It even had independent rear suspention. Unfortunaly had to get rid of it as while I was servicing it i found a rather large hole in the front subframe, so there is no way in hell it was going to pass its next MOT. which was a shame as it was brillant and I would love to get another one. As I had passed my PCV licence and had managed to save lots of money I part exed it for my next car.

The next was a Mk1 Mazda 2 1.4 litre antaries. It was my first dealer bought car and I had that for a year and a half untill I got bored of the lack of power or speed ( 80 BHP ), so while bored one afternoon I decided to go and piss off some dealers and see it I could take some cars for a test drive when a viper green 'Roc stopped me dead in my tracks in my local VW dealer and that was it i just had to have one.

I would love to get and old MGB gt ( with crome bumpers ) and fit a Rover 3.5 litre V8 in the front of so I can enjoy a classic car that can keep up with everyday traffic. But the lack of any parking outside my house, no spare cash and no insurance company will insure a 23 year old in V8 it will have to stay a dream for another day or maybe life. :)

Im not very good with computers and ive no idea how to put photos on here so if anybody can show me ill try and post some.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

monkeyman wrote:..and no insurance company will insure a 23 year old in V8 it will have to stay a dream for another day or maybe life. :)
classic car on a classic policy & not keeping it with everday traffic is the way forward :yes: although my first mini happily kept up with traffic :D & blasted past the lot so they aren't all slow

S
Tolkan
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by Tolkan »

haha Suzuki Swift 2007 1.3 CVT
robrain
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

Learnt on the farm from aged 10 in Alfasuds, Range Rovers, 205GTi, 309GTi (Standard and Goodwood) and tractors. Test passed in 1987, suddenly hit by the reality of insurance so the dream of a 205GTi went straight out the window.

Fiat Uno 60S (idiot hit me by going through cones in roadworks; girlfriend hit a deer, no one hurt but front-end needed replacing) (three points in my dad's Range Rover) -> Peugeot 205XS -> 106XSi -> 106GTi -> 5 points -> Subaru Impreza Turbo wagon -> BMW Compact 325ti Sport (barged off roundabout by confused elderly, negligible damage to my car, but an ambulance-chasing 'whiplash' case is still wending it's way through the legal system, I believe) -> MINI Cooper S R56 -> an R ordered last month.
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
Joloke

Post by Joloke »

Come on Guys Wheres the pictures? :p :hyper:
:worthless:

Hey Trix i know what you mean about Minis they may not be as quick as some other cars but throw some roundabouts into the equation and no thing can keep up quite the same :rolleyes: :nod:

The last ever Mini Automatic that had injection had actual Cooper blocks so boris was rapid allready then we added some 12" Superlite Alloys ,Sticky 165 Yokohamas and a full Maniflow Dtm Exhaust system and K&N induction system we had it above 90 actual speed touching 100(on a private road of coarse) :rolleyes:
Me giving Boris Some Stick Castle Combe September 09

its ironic but the only vids i have of Boris are the before and after we fitted that exhaust so here goes
Enjoy
Before
[youtube][/youtube]
After
[youtube][/youtube]
The white smoke isnt actually anything wrong that was first start on a cold winter morning and the exhaust gases were freezing the minute they imerged :nod:

and if anybodys interested his restoration project is here at the "Automatic Mini Register" which i used to run with my friend whos now takemn it over since i no longer have a Mini :(

http://autominiregister.proboards.com/i ... d=3&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please note some of the pictures are now missing but most of the important ones during the restoration are still there :)

Huggz
Jodie :)
Be Kind To The Enviroment and Drive a Green Car. Mines Definatly Green So I am Doing My Bit for the Enviroment ;)
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

God not got pictures of all of mine, but here goes...

1. Metro 1.0 ( massive 997cc and at the time cost 12quid to fill up!)
2. Ford Focus MK1 ( 1.6 ) in gold shared with my mum :grumpy:
3. Ford Fiesta MK6 1.2 Black
4. Ford Fiesta MK6 1.4 Silver ( much quicker :))
5. Ford Mondeo MK3 2.0TDI ( complete dog of a car only had it 3 months)
6 Citron C3 ( DO NEVER EVER GET ONE OF THESE) had it 1 month while golf was in for repair after being rear ended.
7. Golf GT TDI 140

8. Audi TT Quattro 2.0TDI mapped to 210BHP

9. Roc GT 140

Other cars I have driven which have not been mine ( ie me dad's :))
Passat MK1 1.8 Turbo
Jag X Type 2.5 V6 4wd ( lovely engine :D)
BMW Z4 2.0
Polo MK5 1.4

Misses Cars
Renault Clio ( misses first car, green with 1 red door :hyper: )
Peugeot 306
Fiat Punto
Fiat Bravo

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
Joloke

Post by Joloke »

jammyd wrote:6 Citron C3 ( DO NEVER EVER GET ONE OF THESE) had it 1 month while golf was in for repair after being rear ended.
have to agree there i think it goes with any Citroen

My Other half had a c2 Furio Sensodrive that i nearly got killied in due to faults with the transmission software :cry:

As she had it on a Citroen assured scheme she was stuck with Citroen so swapped it for another but Manual this time that was much better but the seat mechanism kept failing leaving it undrivable :rolleyes:

She then upgaded to a 1.6 C2 Code (ltd edition VTS with leather etc) its very rapid and fun but the seatbelt and airbag sensors keep failing :(

I think when shes out of the contract she may consider something else next time :doh: :crazy: :sleep: :scratch:

Maybe a :vw:
Atty
Options: Black Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Black Alloys, Cruise, Rear Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Winter Pack & Folding Mirrors.

Post by Atty »

1. Pug 106 Rallye
2. Pug 206 GTI
3. Seat Leon Cupra
4. Alfa 147 GTA
5. Honda Civic (current)
6. Scirocco to come in Oct.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Very very briefly my direct history is
Golf MK2 1.6 Driver
Golf MK2 1.8 Driver
Golf MK2 1.8 GTI
Polo 9N3 GTI 1.8T
Scirocco GT 2.0 TSI
Scirocco R

However have owned these aswell as second / GF cars

Polo 9N 1.2 Twist
Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sport
Audi A3 1.6
Audi A4 B7 Avant Quattro 2.0T S-line

Not many of the owners on here are real VW / VW Group enthusiasts it would seem.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

There are some die hards around Andy...............

Got hooked on VW Coupes with a Red VW Type 3 1600A Fastback 1970 model in 1976. My first car given to me by my Grandfather after years of driving the family cars, Morris Mini 1000, Austin 1300, Austin Maxi's and Ford Cortina Mk2. Lovely car, just floated along the motorway but that was a problem when in a cross wind! Always had to have a full tank of fuel on board to keep the front wheels planted on the road.

Then followed in 1978 a Type 1 Beetle 1970 1300 model in Dulux Gloss (literally) pale blue, the guy had hand brushed paint on with a decorators brush!

What followed in 1980 was another Type 1 Beetle 1972 1300 model in Metallic Green, never known such a quiet one. But I managed to wash the paint off the roof! A paint fault with metallic paint VW used at the time.

Time to leave the air-cooled behind in 1983 ..... my first brand new Mars Red Scirocco, a 1500 carb. CL, couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding nor out run a Vauxhall Viva.

Second new Scirocco came in 1985, bought inside an hour, a Mars Red 1985 Scirocco 1.8 Carb. GTS. The 'E' and third gears on it were great for economy/rpm at 70mph but drop into 3rd and it moved.

Next in 1990 came a new Tornado Red 1990 Scirocco 1.8 Scala Injection, sadly written off by a red light runner at a youthful age of 24,000 miles.

Replaced by a long standing friend in 1994, another 1990 Scirocco 1.8 Scala Injection in Alpine White, bought secondhand. By 1994 Scirocco Mk2 production had finished and it took 3 months to find a Scala Injection in any fit state to buy. She soldiered on until 2009 with 163k miles as nothing twitched the brain cells for a daily runner. This was her in the last month with me last October 2009 .....

8 queued up to buy her from RAF Lossiemouth to the Netherlands. Finally given away to a friend's son near Workington, Cumbria who brought it back last week.
Coming south on the M6 as I headed north to turn round, she was like a white diamond. :speechless:
Brilliant work over, tear to my eyes.

Decided to have a "Sunday" car in 1996 and bought a 1995 Classic Green Metallic Corrado VR6 Storm with 16K miles from a bankrupt at 2/3rds the price new. The registration was VR S1X but got fed up with people pointing at the reg. and not admiring the Corrado. Corrado is still with me, the plate has gone.

Next in 2000 came a replacement for White 1990 Scirocco Scala, a Metallic Silver Grey 1990 Scirocco 1.8 Scala Injection with 18k miles. The idea being to bring her back to factory new condition and use as a daily driver to replace the White Scala. Put her into a concours competition at VW Action in 2001 and she won hands down. That was it, she's been a second car ever since.

The Silver Scirocco Scala Injection (1990) and Corrado VR6 Storm (1995) are only used in the summer and are regular attendees at VW shows and meets in the UK.
Both are Concours d'Elegance champions, the Silver Scirocco winning the Concours Superclass at Stanford Hall VW Show in May 2009 and Class 14 this year as well as BVF and VW Northwest concours classes. The Corrado won Stonor Park Concours class this year, but has rarely been entered in competitions since 2007.

With the old White Mk2 Scirocco given away, time to move on..............
After a cosmetic job to the front grille, mud flaps, boot liner and sill guards, my Mk3 Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG finally hit the road as my new daily driver last November.

Next, ....... a 2015 Scirocco Mk4 as a replacement daily driver. Specific special colour if I can get VW to agree............

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
thehippo
In: Night Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, multi-function wheel, DAB radio, bi-xenons and rear parking sensors

Post by thehippo »

1. Fiat 127
2. Ford Escort 1.6
3. VW Scirocco (Mark 1)
4. Ford Capri
5. VW Passat
6. Rover 214
7. Renault Megane
8. Vauxhall Cavalier
9. Renault Grande Scienic
10. Toyota Estima
11. Nissan X-Trail
12. My new Scirocco - coming in Dec. (This will be my fun car, the other one to trundle the family around is a new Hyundai I800).

My Mark 1 Scirocco was my best ever car over all my years of owning cars, so when I started looking for something to replace my X-Trail there ended up being only one option...I can't wait :)
scimitar
Options: parking sensors, folding mirrors, climate control ,big alloys, leather,
headlamp washers. Dynaudio, flat tyre sensors CD changer

Post by scimitar »

As you might guess from user name have owned 3 Scimitars in past, firstly a Reliant GTE 3litre V6
then a Middlebridge Scimitar (no. 24 of 72 built) 2.9 i V6, then added a Scimtar Coupe 1969 3litre V6 which I seriously uprated and played at sprinting. Sorry to have seen them go but got tired of cold garage floors and non existant heaters
Prior to the Scimitars I had an MGB GT a vauxhall Chevette (not proud of that one) and a Vauxhall Viva HB SL90 :)
topicalkeith
In: Sumatra
Options: cruise, tinted windows, mats, DAB radio, tyre press indicators, parking sensors, MF Steering wheel

Post by topicalkeith »

in reverse order. Volvo - Mercedes - Mondeo Est - Vauxhall - Rover 400 - Fiesta - Escort - Rover 2000tc - cortina Mk1 - Mini (austin seven)...I think that's about it.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

Austin Metro
Rover Metro
(Then some company cars)
Renault Clio 1.4
Honda Civic 1.5 ls
Bmw Mini Cooper (My first new car. Then all new ones after that apart from the Jordan)
Honda Civic Sport
Daihatsu Copen
Honda Civic Jordan
Toyota Mr2 Roadster
Suzuki Swift Sport
Vw Scirocco

Deacon
playing in my '86
J-Jonez86
Options: RNS 510 sat nav, Parking sensors, Leather seats

Post by J-Jonez86 »

My list.. .

Starts off poor gets better :p lol

1. 1997 Mk1 Fiat Punto 1.2 8v 60s - Cheap to buy insure first cars, past my test and sold it after 5 months
2. 2001 Fiat Stilo 1.2 16v - Bit more refined than the punto but still cheap to insure and run
3. 2006 Fiat Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Mjtd - Remapped this to 170bhp was quite a fun car and returned 55mpg so couldnt complain with the high milage I was doing at the time!
4. 2002 Mini Cooper S 1.6 supercharged - Loved this car, changed the pulley etc on the supercharger, intercooler, etc and had it running 207bhp, it shifted but couldnt return more than 25mpg at best haha.. . Fancied a change so got rid of it.. .
5. 1998 Honda S2000 2.0 vtec - Kept this car for 2 months, was a fantastic car to drive hard and handled brilliantly but for every day driving no thanks, it annoyed me too often so it had to go.. .
6. 2009 VW Scirocco GT 2.0 TSi - Love it :D
J-Jonezzzz
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

Andy-GTI wrote: Not many of the owners on here are real VW / VW Group enthusiasts it would seem.
I was a ford man as my Auntie work's for JAGUAR and used to get cracking discounts on fords... but once I got the VAG bug, I do not think I will go anywhere else!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
mrbojangles
Options: 18" Interlagos, parking sensors, multifunction steering wheel, electric folding mirrors, mats

Post by mrbojangles »

Ha, my pathetic list in comparison

1. A 95 Ford Fiesta 1.1 in metallic blue – great little runner. The first time I went up an inclining A road, I thought the engine was failing :p Reluctantly sold after someone (anonymous) reversed into the front wing and the cost to fix wasn’t worth it
2. An 03 Ford Focus 1.6 in metallic silver – great mechanical reliability; never game me any trouble and never failed an MOT. Let down by shoddy interior – electric window, one fan and the heated front windscreen all failed. Great to drive, but p/x’d due to desire for…
3. VW Scirocco 1.6 TSI – some of you may have heard of this :lol: