Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Space to work

Post by Technane »

Random topic I know,

But always love getting my hands dirty, always worked on my car's

however now I have a Rocco, I live central Guildford (originally from Dorset) and no longer have a drive or a garage to work from, and well on the busy street there is no way I'm jacking and getting under the car.

has anyone tried self-storage to keep their tools nice n dry and then used the space there to work on their car or am I right in thinking that would get seriously frowned upon?

if not that, does anyone know of an alternative? I've debated asking the various dentists and stuff nearby if I could use their mini carparks on the weekend, but then that doesn't really solve the storage issue,

if say I wanted to do an interior swap or facelift mod then I would need space to store the parts when they arrive, then the parts I take off the car?

My Old garage had half a Mk4 golf in it lol!
Addymk2
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Re: Space to work

Post by Addymk2 »

In the past me and a few mates have had a whip around and gone a few ways on renting a garage if you know anyone trustworthy, local and who may be interested?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box

Re: Space to work

Post by Technane »

Think that's my main issue, having relocated 120 miles from my home town I currently only know like 2 people in Guildford. one of them is my GF the others her best friend! lol
Back home I had mates ho had pit's and such so there wasn't much work we didn't do ourselves.

now i haven't even found a garage that I can honestly say I Trust yet! Sigh Service impending So I'm probably just going to go to the dealers for this one.