Polo GTI Anybody?

PAJ
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Folding Mirros, Panoramic Roof, Cruise Control & Parking Sensors

Polo GTI Anybody?

Post by PAJ »

I am thinking of moving on from the Scirocco and want something different. I am not a huge fan of the current Golf GTi and the thought of a smaller car appeals to me. I find the Scirocco a pain in car parks because of the door length and I quite often have rear passengers who struggle to get out. So I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts/experience on the current Polo GTI? I know it does not top the small hot hatch top 5 but another VW appeals to me particularly as I would like to stick with the DSG and prefer a bit of comfort over outright performance.
Peter.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Polo GTI Anybody?

Post by wigit »

i have a 6R Polo and have to admit i find the chassis not a patch on the scirocco for handling, steering is lifeless and too much play, toyed with a GTI to replace it and then realised it would just be as bad with even more power than my Blue GT, great runabout but don't expect any more, there are crazy lease deals for poverty spec in black, I've driven tow Fiesta STs in the last few days and in a different league in terms of fun and massive discounts through brokers, was going to by one but ordered a M2 today to replace the Polo and now going to use my 7R as daily
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
WilloughbyyyR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pyramid Gold
With a: Manual box

Re: Polo GTI Anybody?

Post by WilloughbyyyR »

I've owned a 6R Gti and loved every minute however they have awful oil consumption issues so just watch out for that if you go for the older 1.4TSI model. Also had a 6C Gti on order, waited four months for it brand new but it never showed up due to waiting times etc and the garage kept filling me with lies and refusing to refund my deposit which is why they offered me the exdemo rocco.. So can't really comment on the 6C much but during the test drive felt much more solid and better quality than the previous model. I'd recommend the newer 1.8turbo model imo :)