Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Volkswagen Polo R WRC Street revealed

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen has unveiled the limited edition Polo R WRC Street, following the prototype showcased back in May at the 31st GTI meeting in Wörthersee.

This is the fastest Polo ever made and it has remained almost the same as the concept. It's based on the fifth-gen Polo and comes with the Golf GTI's 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbo gasoline engine that produces 217 hp (162 kW) and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of torque.

Power is sent to front wheels via a short-shift 6-speed manual transmission that enables the hottest Polo to perform the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in 6.4 seconds and reach a top speed of 151 mph (243 km/h). Volkswagen says that it can return 31.6 mpg (38 mpg UK or 7.4 litres / 100 km) with CO2 emissions of 174 g/km.

It tips the scales at 1,324 kg (2,919 lbs) with the driver (68 kg), luggage (7 kg) and 90 percent full fuel tank included. The car rides on 18-inch alloy wheels with 215/35 R18 tires and has 16-inch disc brakes. Inside it gets WRC-badged seat covers, Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel, racing-style pedals and a black roof liner.

There's a bespoke, rally-inspired lower front spoiler with big air inlets, a rear diffuser and a spoiler on the rear edge of the roof. It borrows the same blue/grey livery as its WRC sibling and comes with several "R" and "WRC" badges.

Limited to only 2,500 units, the Volkswagen Polo R WRC Street will be sold exclusively in left-hand drive and will cost 33,900 EUR. Customers can place an order starting tomorrow, with deliveries commencing in September next year.

wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Volkswagen Polo R WRC Street revealed

Post by wigit »

i'd still take the A1 sport quattro, trouble is it doesnt look anything special and is a lot of cash for an olop, even if its a bit of a sleeper

recently priced up a blue GT and hit over £20k with no xenons or bluetooth available as options, A1 was far better value
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
wigit

Post by wigit »

wigit wrote:i'd still take the A1 sport quattro, trouble is it doesnt look anything special and is a lot of cash for an olop, even if its a bit of a sleeper

recently priced up a blue GT and hit over £20k with no xenons or bluetooth available as options, A1 was far better value
Funny reading this having just ordered a Polo Blue GT with xenons and bluetooth :D

Humble pie tastes so good
Last edited by wigit on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Yes you eat it!!! :D
wigit

Post by wigit »

Chungster wrote:Yes you eat it!!! :D
i'm on a second helping :clap:
wigit