test drove a vauxhall astra gtc 2.0 sri stop start..

test drove a vauxhall astra gtc 2.0 sri stop start..

Postby whiteDevil_170 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:00 pm

on the look out for a new car, really want a scirocco :yes: but was looking round the dealers today and managed to go out for a spin
in a new astra gtc. it was the 2.0 cdti stop start. was really smooth to drive. plenty of torque. really like the look of it ,
plus they do 0 deposit and 0% finance. and thats better finace deal than vw can do. But as all vauxhalls worth next to nothing after 3-4 years.
And that makes me think i would be better off going scirocco as the astra would lose tons of money within 3 years. looks similar to a scirocco aswell.
much bigger car than i was expecting. Going to try and test drive a scirocco next weekend. what do you guys think of the astra.. i know most will dislike it but oh well :D .
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
whiteDevil_170

I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: test drove a vauxhall astra gtc 2.0 sri stop start..

Postby Gt12 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm led to believe that on most VW's the dealer will get a cut of around 10-14% compared to anywhere between 20-30% on a Vauxhall, hence the heavy depreciation and the better finance offers etc.
Gt12

I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking sensors, Door Sills, Luxury Mats

Re: test drove a vauxhall astra gtc 2.0 sri stop start..

Postby wigit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:32 pm

appears these are now littering the company car lists, in the flesh these are huge and no doubt worth about 10p in three years time
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
wigit

Options: I used to own one

Return to Cars and Motoring