Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

VW Up wins World Car of the Year award

Post by Kev »

The Volkswagen Up has won this year’s World Car of the Year award, the baby hatchback beating off competition from the BMW 3 Series and Porsche 911 that also made the final three, and 34 models in total. The award was announced at the New York motor show.

The jurors praised the VW’s "responsive steering, sophisticated suspension set-up, efficient engines and the quality of materials and finish." They concluded that "the Up has altered what we have come to expect from the citycar segment," while expecting "every builder of citycars to up its game just to compete with the new VW."

The same jury also made Land Rover’s Range Rover Evoque the World Car Design of the Year, the Porsche 911 World Performance Car of the Year and the Mercedes-Benz 250 CDI Blueefficiency World Green Car of the Year.

The World Car of the Year awards, which are voted for by 64 journalists from 25 countries, have now been running for eight years. Past winners include the Nissan Leaf (2011), Volkswagen Polo (2010), Volkswagen Golf (2009) and Mazda 2 (2008).
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: VW Up wins World Car of the Year award

Post by wigit »

had a sit in one of these at the dealers yesterday when the mk5 was having a service and think a GT one is a serious contender for replacing the 500 but think you need to go for a higher spec one, great driving position
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Re: VW Up wins World Car of the Year award

Post by sciroccorocket »

its a great little car ours arrived this Friday