I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

The Petrol 'Crisis'

Post by Kev »

How silly are people getting?

I was at tesco tonight and almost out of motor juice but tesco had a queue of about 15 cars and signs up saying no unleaded.
So I went to sainsburys and luckily they did have some (although they'd run out of diesel) and no queues but while I was waiting for a pump a guy pulled up in an audi A4 avant and promptly took two 20L jerry tanks out of the boot! WTF are you doing? No one has even announced a strike and if they did we'd have 7 days notice and the army are going to be delivering if they do.

Some people really are idiots.

Sniffpetrol summed it up nicely
http://sniffpetrol.com/2008/05/02/petrol-panic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Re: The Petrol 'Crisis'

Post by Deacon »

Kev wrote:How silly are people getting?

I was at tesco tonight and almost out of motor juice but tesco had a queue of about 15 cars and signs up saying no unleaded.
So I went to sainsburys and luckily they did have some (although they'd run out of diesel) and no queues but while I was waiting for a pump a guy pulled up in an audi A4 avant and promptly took two 20L jerry tanks out of the boot! WTF are you doing? No one has even announced a strike and if they did we'd have 7 days notice and the army are going to be delivering if they do.

Some people really are idiots.

Sniffpetrol summed it up nicely
http://sniffpetrol.com/2008/05/02/petrol-panic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is ridiculous. Just been to fill the gf's car as she was almost out. About 20 cars at sainsburys and only diesel left. Ridiculous
playing in my '86
SCOTT

Post by SCOTT »

i wonder if people thought the same about me when i filled my two small 5l cans up??????

they have nothing to do with the strike, one is for the lawn mower the other for the strimmer,

come to think of it quite a few people were giving my funny looks lol
a4gee
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

I thought they were planning on striking at Easter but still its to be confirmed.

My Sainsburys got a refill today and now down to just 2 pumps working as they`ll be running out around midday tomorrow and won`t get another delivery till Saturday.
So if this starts gathering pace they`ll be a shortage very quickly.
ts all coppers for the good old government :no: :grumpy:
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Unofficial Chevron source says......
Some people don't know how good they have it! I love how the government are saying that armed forces personal are trained to drive hgv's, they may well be, but they are not trained to load on site.

Not sure if there would be much sympathy for the drivers if people were aware that they are on a salary between £30k and £45k.
Somedays they only work 5 hours or so as well!

General mood is that it will go ahead though.
C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

An easter strike has been ruled out
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17558294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also see a woman got 40% burns while decanting petrol in her kitchen and it ignited!! :rolleyes:
a4gee
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

speaking to managers at Morrisons supermarket who said that their drivers aren`t from the same union so won`t be on strike.(maybe the same for other companies?)

Funny how that sort of information isn`t in the news!!!!
Ryy
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

I have to admit, the woman in the kitchen is a complete prat.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Ryy wrote:I have to admit, the woman in the kitchen is a complete prat.
Apparently she was decanting petrol in the kitchen with the cooker on :shrug:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

The government and the media have the chaos (given retailers have a hance to plan) and then you get idiotic acts like that poor woman who will have to live with the legacy of her moment of madness

Finally things are getting back to normal around us but I did think it wise to fill up at 8am, I'm off to have an ambient air temp pastie now to escape paying VAT

No doubt the tanker drivers have been getting a bit of over time in ;)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Me too. Managed to find some V-power at 8:00 this morning.
PMSL at ambient air temperature pastie. :lol: