Colour changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
b0rk
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Used to have an R...

Re: Colour changes

Post by b0rk »

Optimus wrote:Anyone got a sample pic (real life photo sample) of the "Black Oak Brown" color, replacing the "Dark Maroon" color?? Who knows what this colour really looks like?
The vw.de configurator has been loaded with the new colours, IMHO black oak brown is the colour used in new EOS publicity pics here
thehippo
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, multi-function wheel, DAB radio, bi-xenons and rear parking sensors

Post by thehippo »

I've just had a look at the vw.de configurator and the Black Oak Brown looks awfully brown. Much more so than the coppery colour that you got with the Sumatra.

I have a Sumatra on order, but don't have a build date yet. Does anyone know if the Week 45 intention to replace Sumatra with Black Oak Brown is effective immediately from that week onwards for cars previously ordered in Sumatra or would it only apply to anyone placing a new order?

I'm not sure if I like the Dark Oak Brown as a Sumatra replacement and would probably go for Indium Grey as my alternative option.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

it will be immediate hippo. your dealer should notify you of this change & give you the option to change it but do get in quick & get it sorted if you want to go for something different now instead of the dark oak brown.

S
thehippo
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, multi-function wheel, DAB radio, bi-xenons and rear parking sensors

Post by thehippo »

Thanks Trix,

The only thing is....I've had another look at it again and think that I quite like it now... :?
Optimus
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Highline Plus
Lugano 19"
Dynamic

Post by Optimus »

Hey B0rk,

Thanx buddy!! Your post is very helpful! The pdf got an example on one of the last pages about the Black Oak Brown color steel. I think it's a great replacement for the dark maroon color, which i think was perfect (it was my first choice for the Roc u know ;) ). But.. The BOB color is quite unique as well. I'm not sure but I think it looks classy and with the metallic it MUST be great. Imagine the black sunroof contrasting the BOB color.. I'm alread excited about it. I ordered the BOB (on lease) with the Cashmere interior and the sunroof with Lugano wheels. Can't wait! Delivery date is end of Januari :-))

So, if anyone sees the BOB color, even live or on the EOS, give us a link to it. Let's Roc(k)!! :-D
thehippo

Post by thehippo »

Hi Optimus,

I'm sure you're right about the Black Oak Brown colour and that it will look fantastic as a metallic paint. I've decided to chicken out though and have asked my dealer to change my paint spec to Night Blue.

I love the picture and panels I have seen so far of that "inky blue" colour and know that the Roc will look really smart with it. The problem I have with the Black Oak Brown is that I haven't even seen a photograph of a car with that colour and I'm worried that it will be too starkly brown.

I've no doubt that the Black Oak Brown will look pretty unique when we start to see Rocs going about in it and I will probably have the odd twang of regret that I didn't get it. But realistically speaking, the Scirocco is one of those cars which looks great in any of the paint options.
Optimus
Lugano 19"
Dynamic

Post by Optimus »

Hi thehippo,

Well, your way of thinking about the BOB colour is quite 'normal' heheh... My alternative choice for the BOB would be Rising Blue, but as you said, so far all Scirocco colours look great on the Roc so I am willing to take the risk. Worst case the BOB colour would lack the black teint and the car would look more like dark brown, which I don't expect but that wouldn't be a big deal for me personally. It's a lease car/fun toy anyway (3yr contract) and driving the Roc is such an adventure for me i wouldn't care less which colour. just gimme Roc and I'm good! ;)

My car is expected to be delivered by the end of januari. I assume I will be one of the first BOB Rocco drivers in the Netherlands, so I will keep you guys posted. You'll be warned or be motivated as soon as I will post my BOB Rocco pictures.
gggg!

Post by gggg! »

I was dreaming about a year now that sumatra would be my choice along with the sport package, which includes
among other things, cashmere "catch up" cloth backet seats, at least in the Greek market.
However, BOB colour seems to have a little
bit more of brown in its colour, making it less opaqued without sunlight.
I think it would be more "sic" than the sumatra colour...
Optimus, i can't wait to see your pictures, when you get the rocco! :clap:
Optimus
Lugano 19"
Dynamic

Post by Optimus »

I found a photo of the 2011 EOS. I think this colour could be a real life example of the BOB color:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_webs ... &id=400150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_webs ... &id=400138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aliclay
Options: DCC, CC, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, Chrome Interlagos

Post by aliclay »

Here is my Night Blue Scirocco :)
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Like the Viper for me that is. Marmite. Love it or hate it.
spaz

Post by spaz »

Love the night blue, hopefully getting ours March time. Subtle and looks fantastic in the sunshine. For the person that doesn't need shout look at me
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Night blue just looks like shadow blue!
thehippo

Post by thehippo »

I think the Night Blue looks great. When the Sumatra was discontinued I had a real dilema about what to go for after that (I didn't fancy the Black Oak Brown) and was hedging towards the Indium Grey, but I've settled on the Night Blue and your photograph has convinced my that I've made the right choice.

I just need to get an actual build week for it now (hopefully before VW discontinue Night Blue :rolleyes: )
AndyCheshire
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Mats

Post by AndyCheshire »

Thanks for the Night Blue pic, adiclay - it confirms I've made a sound choice!

Mine was ordered at the beginning of October (have just been told it will be Build Week 3), and haven't seen a Night Blue on the road yet.
Joloke
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
Options: Luxury "Scirocco" Mats

Post by Joloke »

Night Blue looks really nice my Salesman had one a couple of months ago ;)
The Dealership seems to encourage their salespersons to change their company supplied cars as often as possible :rolleyes:

Since we ordered our Scirocco five months ago he has had 4 different VW,s :eyepop:
last he had was a Polo GTI but weve since noticed thats for sale on their forcourt so dont have a clue what hes driving now :shake:

maybe current reg cars with demo mileage on them are a valuable commodity?

Back to Night Blue though good choice its very subtle,at first glance we thought it was black :rolleyes:

Jodie :)
Be Kind To The Enviroment and Drive a Green Car. Mines Definatly Green So I am Doing My Bit for the Enviroment ;)
doartest

Post by doartest »

I found some real-life pics of the new Black Oak Brown, on some Dutch forum:

Crossbone
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Post by Crossbone »

Is it just me, or does this Black Oak seems to be quite different from Dark Maroon? A bit chocolaty...
gggg!

Post by gggg! »

ΒoB is fantastic!!! :clap:
And yes it is more "chocolaty" than sumatra.
I had stick to sumatra, as my final choice, and were dissapointed when
i heard the replacement, but ΒοΒ looks more chic than dark maroon... :nod:
Optimus
Lugano 19"
Dynamic

Post by Optimus »

Apologies for keeping you guys waited, I just had to celebrate it with my dutch Scirocco-buddies first you know :p
The BOB Scirocco is mine ;). I Posted these pictures in the dutch Scirocco forum.
In the flesh the colour didn't look too much "chocolaty" at all, my personal opinion is that the BOB colour looks just great in the flesh. A unique colour with lots of character, can't be too enthousiastic about it. Ones will love it, others will hate it. :)

As soon as I can drive the Scirocco (which will be in the second week of januari) I will post some more live photos