Squeaky Scirocco :-(

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Suzanne
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box

Squeaky Scirocco :-(

Post by Suzanne »

Hi Guys!

This is my first post here and i apologize if this i s a subject that has been mentioned previously.

I have a 2016 R line Scirocco TDI and it is due to go back in the garage for a 4th time for a squeak on the front end. They have already replace both nearside and offside wishbones and bushes. They claim all tested and ok, yet when i take it away it is still there. It is really noticeable when you go over bumps. Every time they fix one side, it also then pulls to the opposite site.

Have any of you experienced this issue or am i just an unfortunate individual?

Thank you very much for any help in advance

Suzanne :-)
racetech
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: panoramic roof
hd lights
reverse sensors
folding mirrors
puddle lights

Re: Squeaky Scirocco :-(

Post by racetech »

not something I have heard to be honest,,but then again mine has a few more miles under the belt,,,defo suspension ?,,does it do it with the dampers set to comfort,sport ?
Suzanne
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White

Post by Suzanne »

Hi! thank you so much for your reply. My scirocco doesn't have the comfort settings :-( at times i wish it did! The noise is only really noticeable when you go over a speed bump, which where i currently live is unavoidable. It came out of the garage for the 4th time having had the bushes greased and yet it still has an awful noise over bumps.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

They have to put it on a carlift and then use a wooden beam to move every part of the suspension.
Now you keep changing every part till your pockets are empty.
I saw this on Wheeler dealers.
Or use some wireless microphones to trace it.
Sounds not always come from the direction you think.
racetech
Options: panoramic roof
hd lights
reverse sensors
folding mirrors
puddle lights

Post by racetech »

hmmmm,,if they have greased the wishbone bushes,,,,that shouldn't be the cause,,,but you also have drop links connected to the anti roll bar,,there is the anti roll bar mountings as well,,to be fair there is not a lot else moves when the suspension is compressed(ie going over a speed bump)
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Doesn’t this sound like the subframe moving issue? https://store.034motorsport.com/034moto ... a3-tt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably get more opinions in technical.
sashpe
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Opal Silver
Options: Parking Sensors, Xenons, Dynaudio, MF Wheel, 2zone Aircon, Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by sashpe »

Hey, I am not sure if it is the same but my car also squeaks a bit at speed bumps - the bigger the susp travel, the more it squeaks. I can also sometimes hear it on old, poorly cobbled streets when going slow. Mine is weather dependent - if it's wet and cold, it is barely audible, if it's dry and warm, it's loudest. Took it to the dealer few years ago and they told me that it's the anti roll bar that needs greasing (quoting "nothing major, car is still safe"). They did not have convenient slots so I did not have it solved so I am still stuck with it now. It does not bother me too much as I don't have many speed bumps on my regular routes and don't drive car so much any more. I have a cambelt change approaching so I might have it done then.
Hope this helps!
a4gee
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =25&t=9302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;