Impact on resale value due to recent Scirocco News

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
stono
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro seats, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Car-Net, Electric Folding Mirrors

Impact on resale value due to recent Scirocco News

Post by stono »

Hey folks,
You've no doubt read https://paultan.org/2017/05/08/volkswag ... -scirocco/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or similar, our beloved scirocco is being discontinued.

I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the impact this would have on our resale value.

I ask because I have a '65 Scirocco R with only 5,600 miles on it (but its almost two years old). I'd been toying with changing it due to the lack of miles that I do, but decided to hold onto it for a bit - however now i'm unsure.

Thoughts?
toplad
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Impact on resale value due to recent Scirocco News

Post by toplad »

Let me have a look in my crystal ball :nod:

I predict it will make no difference, if the final version was some sort of Ltd edition scirocco which was radically different, then perhaps.
Imo values will decay at the same rate
Patrick-M
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black

Post by Patrick-M »

Here's a link to the Autocar article published online on Sunday 16th October :-

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... co-axed-uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grampa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof, Piano Black interior, black 19" wheels

Post by Grampa »

My Scirocco is now seven and a half years old, which is the longest I've kept a modern car for by some margin and I have no intention of getting rid of it - what would replace it? - Can't even buy a new Scirocco as to my eyes the facelift ruined it.
skippy
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I think the Autocar article is telling us pretty much what we knew already, but yes - I would not expect it to harm residuals at all. The Scirocco still looks very distinctive on the road and I don’t anticipate replacing mine for sometime and I have had mine for 8.5 years!
peter-gr
In: Dark Oak

Post by peter-gr »

huh I used to dream that my children will buy Sirocco, and then my grandchildren will buy another Sirocco, and so on and it will get more modern and it would be grand. I've had mine for 5 years and so far so good, hope to keep it up. Maybe in a decade they will valuable collectables, who knows!?