NEW R LINE AND GT BLACK EDITION

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
04philj
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

NEW R LINE AND GT BLACK EDITION

Post by 04philj »

Theres now a new r line and GT scriocco versions that just dropped on the website.......

Thoughts? from what i can see they've only changed the rims an that about it, pointless in my opinion. Was hoping they would put the new Golf APC 1.4 engine in the newer cars....
yellowdfp
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking sensors
Leather
Cruise control
Panoramic roof
Dynaudio
Bi-Xenons
Electric drivers seat
Electric folding mirrors
Colour MFD
RNS 510

Re: NEW R LINE AND GT BLACK EDITION

Post by yellowdfp »

Looks like they command a £500 premium over non-Black Edition equivalent models for which you get black roof, rear spoiler, door mirrors and wheels... I think that's it? No Black paintwork option (which would of course make the included Black additions rather pointless!). Bit surprising these are separate models and is not just offered as an optional styling kit. Manufacturers do like to introduce 'special editions' to try and maintain interest in aging model designs though.
Goodbye Golf (1992-1996), Corrado A (1996-2002), Corrado B (2003-2012), Scirocco A (2012-2014), Scirocco B (2014-2016)... Hello Scirocco C (2016-)
RisingBlue
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by RisingBlue »

yellowdfp wrote:Looks like they command a £500 premium over non-Black Edition equivalent models for which you get black roof, rear spoiler, door mirrors and wheels... I think that's it? No Black paintwork option (which would of course make the included Black additions rather pointless!). Bit surprising these are separate models and is not just offered as an optional styling kit. Manufacturers do like to introduce 'special editions' to try and maintain interest in aging model designs though.
Dropped the Viper option as well. Black and green too sporty for VW??
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen has introduced two new Scirocco Black Editions in the United Kingdom.

First up, the Scirocco GT Black Edition features a contrasting black roof, black mirror caps and a black rear spoiler. The model also has tinted rear windows and 18-inch Black Lisbon alloy wheels.

The Scirocco R-Line Black Edition is largely identical but it features larger 19-inch Black Lugano alloy wheels. The model has also been equipped with the R-Line package which includes sportier bumpers and revised side skirts. The package also includes Vienna leather sport seats, faux carbon fiber trim, and a sport steering wheel.

A variety of different engines will be available and petrol choices include a 1.4-liter TSI with 125 PS (92 kW) as well as a 2.0-liter TSI with 180 PS (132 kW). Diesel fans will able to order a 2.0-liter TDI engine that has outputs of 150 PS (110 kW) or 184 PS (135 kW).

Models equipped with the 1.4-liter TSI engine will be available exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission but the other variants can be equipped with an optional six-speed DSG gearbox.

Pricing starts at £23,135 (RRP OTR) and Volkswagen says the special editions are "great value for money" as they only cost £550 more than the standard GT and R-Line variants despite featuring an assortment of styling upgrades.