Stolen!

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: Stolen!

Post by xjay1337 »

Scirocco isn't any easier to steal than a Golf.
OBD2 port isn't able to be used with igntion off.
Not a common theft without keys

Trackers are fairly pointless. Very troublesome (I had one on my bike) - The best ones use RF AND GPS (as you can easily disable GPS by parking in a lead container, RF will still propogate out albeit very weak). Most of the time they will park the car and leave it for a few days to see if it's returned. You can also get GPS jammers from ebay for a fiver.

Best bet is physical security. The stock alarm is loud and sensitive. At least it is on my MY59/10 one. Steering lock would be best. If you have a Revo map depending on your engine you can enable an anti-theft feature which stalls the car.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Just click on the youtube links wich a mentioned earlier in this topic. They force the ingnition with a master vag key also known as polenschleussel. This will turn power on the obd2.
Then the insert a module in the obd2 port that automatically hacks the immobiliser and of they go. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thats right it's about the same hardware and software used in the golf 5/6/scirocco, golf 7 has some improved protection i heard. Maybe this is the same story on the newer scirocco modelyears 14-15.
I would prefer using a seperate alarm that doesn't work on the same remote as your carkeys. A steeringlock is also an option indeed. That revo map protection would also be a very nice protection wich you mention.
Stejay21
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by Stejay21 »

Roy_01 wrote:Pff thats sad, happened to me last year. Now i have a bear lock, hope it helps. Without it its so easy to steal. Even the factory alarm is disabled in a few seconds.
What a shame, where in Manchester was it taken from and what colour was it? Also, a bearlock, please can you provide a link?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

I lost a golf mk6 gtd last year (black). I live in Holland so i don't know exactly wich dealers provide the bear lock installation but Here is some information about it. On youtube there is als some info.
http://www.ravolar.ee/en/safety/bearloc ... rbox_unit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wilkinson7133
In: Pure White
Options: VW R Induction Kit

Post by wilkinson7133 »

It was white with a black panoramic roof not been debadged
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Roy_01 wrote:Here is a link you can see how fast the open cars with a polenschlussel, its just a matter of seconds. That's why i filled up the locking cilinder with aluminium foil.
GPS tracker is an option but there are gps blockers/tracers so the will find this in a couple of minutes. A couple of people changed the wiring of the obd socket, so the can't program a key. Or place a microswith somewhere in the k-line of the obd wiring wich you hide in a secret place. But you have to rember to put it on when bringing your car for service, and when you change the wiring the garage can't do anything with their vcds cable. I reccomend this only when you have vcds yourself. But if the realy want your car the can detach the instrument cluster and connect it to learn a new key or the put it on a trailer. So in the end a good insurance is the best solution.
I have a bearlock built in since the beginning of this year. Its a locking pin through the gear selector.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Would a bearlock work with DSG?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Yes it fits dsg also, i have one(dsg).
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by andyy »

If they want to steal your car, they will. end of! If they can't, they tend to damage it in someway! I'd rather they take it and let my insurance sort it out. C*nts!
robinalex
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Cruise control
Pano Roof
RNS315
Winter pack (heated seats / headlight washers)
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Electric seats
Parking Sensors
Bi-Xenon headlights with cornering lights
K&N filter
H&R 35mm
12.5mm Black anodised hubcentric spacers
Milltek Non-res catback
R-Tech Stage 1

Post by robinalex »

andyy wrote:If they want to steal your car, they will. end of! If they can't, they tend to damage it in someway! I'd rather they take it and let my insurance sort it out. C*nts!
Quite right there, same as people spending a fortune on security doors and fancy locks on their houses. All you need is a ladder and a stanley knife and you can be up on the roof, take a few tiles off and cut a hole in the roofing felt and your in, steal the car keys and leave with it. If someone wants it they will have it regardless.
Therock
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Leather , pan roof

Post by Therock »

They don't usually go to that trouble , round here they just bang on the door if they can't take it and tell you to throw your keys down . No cars worth a good hiding on your living room floor with your kids and Mrs watching from top of stairs . ITS A CAR
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

I've ordered 2 sub-d connectors and 1 female obd2 connector. Im gonna changed the obd2 port in my car to a sub-d female 9 pins port.
Normal obd2 is 16 pins but 9 pins arent used.
For myself im making an adapter cable with a male sub-d to obd2 female adapter so i can use my vcds software.
Will make it a lot more difficult to rob it. Hope they have took there iron torch with them lol.
Nice protection for only 20 euro.

Result:
Angelica_waine
In: Candy White

Post by Angelica_waine »

I read about that and just find out that if someone know how to open cars door without key he is able to open most of the cars. Let's face it most ot this thiefs they know how to do this. My car was stolen in 2 minutes without key. Guy came to my house and I saw my car on the street in front of my house. he come to talk to me about insurance and after our conversation he left. When I open door to check again car was gone.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Angelica_waine wrote:I read about that and just find out that if someone know how to open cars door without key he is able to open most of the cars. Let's face it most ot this thiefs they know how to do this. My car was stolen in 2 minutes without key. Guy came to my house and I saw my car on the street in front of my house. he come to talk to me about insurance and after our conversation he left. When I open door to check again car was gone.
Sorry but I'm very dubious of that story.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

No sadly that is possible, and last two steps can be combined also .
Best is to disable the door locks, obd port, install a non factory alarm or have something else non oem that is wired in the ingnition system.

Polenscheussel door lock 10-15 sec

Polenscheussel ignition 15-20 sec
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

Immobilizer deactivation 20 sec
SPEEDDRV
Options: Remapped to 187hp.
Dectane front blinker, piano black interior trim, Eonon head unit, front and rear camera, gloss black rear diffuser, full interior LED, full rear LED bulbs, cold start diagnostic off via ODIS, long press on keyfob to close electric mirrors. XDS on Strong. Many more mods...

Post by SPEEDDRV »

What is the point of disabling OBDII if they cannot be used when key is off? I plan on doing some tweaks... I want to block door lock to start. Can somebody tell me some tricks?