Stolen!

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
wilkinson7133
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: VW R Induction Kit

Stolen!

Post by wilkinson7133 »

Anyone in manchester look for Robert james avery had his rocco taken today mt59vgv debaged with sunroof
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Stolen!

Post by Roy_01 »

Pff thats sad, happened to me last year. Now i have a bear lock, hope it helps. Without it its so easy to steal. Even the factory alarm is disabled in a few seconds.
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

what colour is it?:(

really worried now didn't realise they were 'easy' to steal!
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

I'm interested in more detail here, what makes them easy to steal?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Jace
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: APR stage 2+, APR TBE, APR carbonio carbon intake pipe, VWR Intake, Forge inter cooler pipework, R8 coils packs, Sachs Loba stg2 clutch

Post by Jace »

How ? With keys ??
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

The locks are very easy to break open (Polen schleussel). I filled them up with aluminium foil.
And then they use a new key that can be programmed via obd.
Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Roy_01 wrote:The locks are very easy to break open (Polen schleussel). I filled them up with aluminium foil.
And then they use a new key that can be programmed via obd.
Thanks for the reply Roy, WTF does Polen schleussel mean? I googled it but came up empty, I know that new keys can be programmed via VCDS very easily. Any more info anyone? Esp. on how this can be prevented. thanks
V5pdt
In: Candy White

Post by V5pdt »

It's crazy that this can happen so easily!
Does anyone know if they can defeat the immobiliser function of the apr remap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greg7728
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by greg7728 »

Lots of thefts on these types of vehicle lately, big call for st's and anything sporty. GPS tracking device hidden in car, £50 well spent would recommend anyone putting something in to track it.

Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

greg7728 wrote:Lots of thefts on these types of vehicle lately, big call for st's and anything sporty. GPS tracking device hidden in car, £50 well spent would recommend anyone putting something in to track it.

Where can you get a tracker fitted? Thanks

Sent Via tapatalk
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Psycho Kirky wrote:
greg7728 wrote:Lots of thefts on these types of vehicle lately, big call for st's and anything sporty. GPS tracking device hidden in car, £50 well spent would recommend anyone putting something in to track it.

Sent Via tapatalk
DIY job http://www.racshop.co.uk/mobileshop/mob ... oCeFzw_wcB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RAC One on Amazon (£5 cheaper) " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or : http://www.trackerdirect.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; £249 and up

Last edited by Irvysan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Irvysan wrote:
Psycho Kirky wrote:

Sent Via tapatalk
DIY job http://www.racshop.co.uk/mobileshop/mob ... oCeFzw_wcB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers :D

Sent Via tapatalk
greg7728
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by greg7728 »

Can get various
Models on eBay that you can either wire in or take out once every 6 months to charge and then leave them in there (spare wheel well works for me) .

Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Psycho Kirky wrote:
Irvysan wrote:
Psycho Kirky wrote: Where can you get a tracker fitted? Thanks

Sent Via tapatalk

Cheers :D

Sent Via tapatalk
Added another option

Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Looked a bit more at the RAC one, it comes with ring style battery connectors and a waterproof pouch so it can be easily fitted under the bonnet and hidden. Not bad for £50

Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Here is a link you can see how fast the open cars with a polenschlussel, its just a matter of seconds. That's why i filled up the locking cilinder with aluminium foil.
GPS tracker is an option but there are gps blockers/tracers so the will find this in a couple of minutes. A couple of people changed the wiring of the obd socket, so the can't program a key. Or place a microswith somewhere in the k-line of the obd wiring wich you hide in a secret place. But you have to rember to put it on when bringing your car for service, and when you change the wiring the garage can't do anything with their vcds cable. I reccomend this only when you have vcds yourself. But if the realy want your car the can detach the instrument cluster and connect it to learn a new key or the put it on a trailer. So in the end a good insurance is the best solution.
I have a bearlock built in since the beginning of this year. Its a locking pin through the gear selector.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Thanks for the info I'm going to look into this more

nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by nevarran »

Wait, so what's the point of having this Bear-Lock? If they can open a car door lock for just a few seconds, what's stopping them from opening this extra one as well?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

This lock is quit high quality compared to a vw lock, takes a lot more time to open it. It has a key with a hole pattern in it. If it takes to much time thieves will skip it and take another car wich is easier to take away. It's just adding a hardware obstruction. If they really want it you can't stop it!
nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by nevarran »

Hm, sounds reasonable.
Adding a simple hidden switch sounds better to me tho'. It just needs to be done by someone who knows what he's doing. I would hate to see my car on fire, because of my poor electric skills :)