VW drop 220ps scirocco

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
ddda100
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pyramid Gold
With a: Manual box
Options: Aztec metallic paint, 18" Lisbon wheels, panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon headlights, Sioux 'vienna' leather, Dynaudio, folding mirrors.

VW drop 220ps scirocco

Post by ddda100 »

VW has dropped the new 220ps engine in the scirocco GT and R line this week... due to new euro regulations !!! at the moment these models are now only available in 180ps, i ordered a new 2ltr GT 3 weeks ago and it was confirmed today i will get my 220ps engine in the car because of the date of the order...
Last edited by ddda100 on Fri May 08, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: vw drop 220ps scirocco

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

So is the 220 bhp engine not the same engine that's in the mk7 gti ?
That's 2 engines in the scirocco that's been dropped due to eu regs..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
ddda100
Options: Aztec metallic paint, 18" Lisbon wheels, panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon headlights, Sioux 'vienna' leather, Dynaudio, folding mirrors.

Post by ddda100 »

yes its the same engine and still available in the GTi... ive checked the website but no 220 for the scirocco anymore.... strange goings on!!
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

So if that's the case then shouldn't it be dropped from the gti aswel?
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
ddda100

Post by ddda100 »

i really don't know why its happened and what the difference is... maybe someone with the knowledge could enlighten us both...
kentech
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Re: VW drop 220ps scirocco

Post by kentech »

The 220 engine will only be available in the new Scirocco GTS from MY2016 so I would think this has something to do with it...?

Of course Volkswagen UK can decide which models they bring in so I can't comment on that.
M7R
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Salsa Red
Options: Winter pack, DAB, Dynaudio - Retrofitted OE Bluetooth, and Cruise Control, plus some VCDS tweaks with more to come.

Post by M7R »

if it is to do with emissions levels then it could be down to packaging, or the actual emissions test, as the dyno settings for each car are set according to that cars coast down data.. so if the rocco is not as efficient through the air as a golf the dyno loads will be higher meaning higher emissions and VW my feel that it is not worth the effort to get a lower result or to sell it, as the group has an emissions target for all of their cars as a whole, so if you have a model which will be popular but high emissions that may push the group average up and therefore into penalties etc, and then its not worth it as the profit from sales wont cover the penalties..

There could be other reasons though, as don't forget we are the opposite drive to the rest of europe, and the new cat which works on LHD cars might not fit on a RHD car due to packaging constraints without a re-design and our limited sales don't warrant the cost.

I am not saying these are the reasons, but they are the kind of thing I hear about as I work in the industry in homolgation including witnessing emission and fuel con tests among many other tests.
Full Hex+Can VCDS if required - Nottingham / Derby area
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Yes - that is a quite credible reason regarding the unavailability of the 220PS engine in the UK, where as it is available in GTS form in Europe now.

Maybe it won't be available again until MY2017 (May next year) or perhaps not at all given that the next gen model will probably be out 2017/8.
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Pretty sure it will be back before that in 230PS form as used in MK3 TT and Golf GTI PP
smilesapart
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control.
Electric Panoramic Glass Roof.
Rear View Camera.
Electric Folding Mirrors.
90% Heat Insulated Tinted Glass.
Paint Protection.
Mud Flaps.
Mud Flaps Front & Rear.

Post by smilesapart »

I'm gutted I've just missed out and am having to get the 180PS!!
logit

Post by logit »

Sadly the way VW seem to be going :-(
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Cuprabob wrote:Pretty sure it will be back before that in 230PS form as used in MK3 TT and Golf GTI PP
Not for a while I fear as the 220ps and 300 ps TSI engine is giving false CO2 readings on test! See this link - mainly TDIs but a few TSI models included. http://www.volkswagenag.com/content/vwc ... r+2016.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;