Facelifted GTS revealed

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Facelifted GTS revealed

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen has unveiled the Scirocco GTS facelift ahead of next week's world premiere at Auto Shanghai 2015 in China.

It was more than a year ago when Volkswagen refreshed the Scirocco but without showing the GTS version which has now arrived with an extra 10 PS (7 kW) compared to its predecessor. The four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine now churns 220 PS (162 kW), just like in the Golf VII GTI. The engine can be paired to a standard six-speed manual gearbox or an optional six-speed DSG which allows the hot coupe hit 62 mph (100 km/h) from a standstill in 6.5 seconds before topping out at 244 km/h (246 km/h with the manual).

Aside from the power gain, the 2015 Volkswagen Scirocco also comes with fresh 18-inch Norwich alloy while larger 19-inch Lugano rims will be optionally available. Both are matched with red brake calipers and an R-Line exterior package bringing R-styled bumpers, custom side sill extensions, roof spoiler and a rear diffuser.

As a throwback to the 1982 Scirocco GTS, Volkswagen has decided to paint the side mirror caps in black and there’s also a sporty GTS decal available as an option (standard for CN-spec model). Clients will be able to order the model with one of the following exterior paint schemes: Flash Red, Pure White, Oryx White, Urano Grey, Indium Grey and Deep Black.

Inside the cabin it gets a black headliner and sports steering wheel with red seams and black piano lacquer with the GTS logo on the lower spoke. The revised Scirocco also benefits from the Composition Colour infotainment system, stainless steel pedals, golf ball gear knob and a chrome trim package, among others. At an additional cost, customers will be able to get black Vienna leather upholstery, bi-xenon headlights as well as a panoramic tilt sunroof and a new multi-function steering wheel.
kentech
I drive a: Scirocco R

Re: Facelifted GTS revealed

Post by kentech »

Press Release (with some points highlighted):

Comeback of a GT icon:
World premiere of the 220 PS Scirocco GTS in Shanghai

Exclusive GTS trim with new 18-inch alloy wheels

Scirocco GTS* has a new generation of infotainment equipment on board as standard

Ten key facts about the Scirocco GTS*:

1. The new Scirocco GTS makes its debut as a separate and especially sporty GT version
2. 220 PS Scirocco GTS has a top speed of 246 km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds
3. Individualised exterior with new 18-inch alloy wheels and optional GTS décor (décor standard in China)
4. Red brake callipers as an identifying feature
5. Exclusive GTS interior with black trim features, red stitching and the legendary golf ball gear knob
6. Included as standard: the "Composition Colour", from the latest generation of infotainment systems
7. Modular infotainment matrix (MIB II) available for all Scirocco models from the end of May

8. The Scirocco GTS can also be ordered with an extremely quick-shifting 6-speed DSG gearbox as an option
9. The spirit of the first Scirocco GTS (which made its debut in 1982) was carried forward into the year 2015 in the new GTS
10. With over a million sold, the Scirocco is one of the most successful sports cars in the world

Some cars live for ever because they are constantly reinvented. The Scirocco, a pure-bred European sports car, is one of these cars that is forever young. Presented at the Geneva Motor Show in March 41 years ago, it became an icon of compact German coupés. The car caught the spirit of the age: over a million units of the Scirocco have been produced since then. Last summer a comprehensively refined generation of the sports car was launched, featuring, among other things, a completely new range of engines. Building on this, Volkswagen unveils the new Scirocco GTS – a sports car with 162 kW / 220 PS – in a world premiere at Auto Shanghai. Its engine is one of the most popular in the Scirocco range because it is sharing its design genes with the engine of the Golf GTI. A turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine that is recognised as being one of the most agile four-cylinder engines in the world. It catapults the Scirocco GTS – either with a manual gearbox or with the 6-speed DSG – to 100 km/h in just 6.5 seconds. Top speed: 246 km/h (DSG: 244 km/h). The average fuel consumption shows just how efficient the engine of the Scirocco is: just 6.1 l/100 km with a manual gearbox and similarly economical at 6.4 l/100 km with a DSG gearbox.

A legendary predecessor

The first GTS was launched in 1982. There has been a Scirocco GTS before, in 1982, and that coupé was also related to the Golf GTI of its time, both technically and visually. The Scirocco was recognisable by a strikingly designed GTS stripe (which ran all round the silhouette of the car just above the sill), its distinctive sport seats and a gear knob in golf ball design. The GTI had the same sport seats (with different upholstery) and the golf ball gear knob. Today, the situation is similar. The new Scirocco GTS will be launched in Europe at the end of May, with China following in the summer. This marks the comeback of an icon, a straight-forward, mighty fast and exclusively-equipped sports car.

GTS exterior

New 18-inch wheels. The Scirocco GTS will be equipped as standard with new 18-inch "Norwich" alloy wheels; the popular 19-inch "Lugano" alloy wheels will be available as an option. The red brake callipers of the GTS can be seen through the spokes of both of these wheel options. In addition, the Scirocco GTS comes with the R-Line package "Exterieur" as standard, which includes distinctive R-style bumpers (at the front with integrated fog lamps and glossy black radiator and air inlet grilles), custom side sill extensions, a roof spoiler (also R-style) and a diffuser. The wing mirror caps are painted in stylish black and, just like its predecessor, the '82 Scirocco GTS, the new model can be ordered with a sporty GTS decal for the body as an option (standard in China). This option features two decorative red stripes that run centrally from the bonnet over the roof and the boot (if the car is painted in "Flash Red" the stripes are black). The new Scirocco is also enhanced by 3D GTS logos in the radiator grille and on the tailgate. The Scirocco GTS can be ordered in six colours: "Deep Black", "Indium Grey", "Urano Grey", "Pure White", "Oryx White" and, as already mentioned, "Flash Red".

GTS interior

Black and red. The interior of the Scirocco GTS is also customised, of course, and dominated by the sporty colours black and red. The customisation includes:

· Black headliner

· Decorative inlays in "Piano Black Lacquer " in the centre console and the applications on the dashboard

· GTS badges on the sill panel mouldings

· Customised sports steering wheel with red seams and the lower spoke finished in "Black Piano Lacquer" (with the GTS logo)

· Pedals in stainless steel

· Seat covers with centre panels made of a new material (with the GTS logo at the top of the backrest) and red decorative stitching

· GTS package also includes the legendary golf ball gear knob

· Chrome trim package (for the wing mirror and electric window switches)

· Air vents and inside door handles in "Black Piano Lacquer"

· Contrasting red seams for the safety belts, the handbrake lever, the gear lever gaiter, the central armrest and the floor mats

Modular infotainment matrix (MIB). Also included as standard: The "Composition Colour" infotainment system, available for the first time in the Scirocco. This marks the debut of the second generation of the modular infotainment matrix (MIB II) in this series of sports cars.

Tailor-made customisation. As an option, the Scirocco GTS can also be ordered with black "Vienna" leather upholstery; here again the seats are customised with decorative red seams. Volkswagen also offers features such as the transparent panoramic tilt sunroof, bi-xenon headlights, a multifunction steering wheel and – as previously mentioned – the new MIB II radio navigation systems. In China the leather interior and the panoramic tilt sunroof come as standard.

*Fuel consumption Scirocco GTS in l/100 km: 6.1 (combined); CO2 emissions in g/km: 142 (combined); efficiency class: C (estimated values)

More pictures: http://www.carscoops.com/2015/04/new-20 ... ut-in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

A few of the extras look good. The 220PS engine makes sense and I like the seats.
MattAy
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Dsg, pano, winter pack, heated leather, cruise. Revo stage 1.

Post by MattAy »

Nice wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.0 tsi - Revo stage 1
davids
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White
Options: folding mirrors, xenons, Dynaudio, rear view camera, Carnet, park assist

Post by davids »

At long last they've updated the head unit!! About time! Anyone got any info on the MIB 2? Shame they haven't made the silly dials on top of the dash an option too though.
y2kcurran
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pure White
Options: Cruise control, folding mirrors

Post by y2kcurran »

davids wrote:At long last they've updated the head unit!! About time! Anyone got any info on the MIB 2? Shame they haven't made the silly dials on top of the dash an option too though.
Have you sat in a car with the dials? I think they look great and give a real sporty feel to the drive, I love seeing that turbo dial shoot up when I put the foot down :)

GTS looks sweet!
“Whiskey, like a beautiful woman, demands appreciation. You gaze first, then it's time to drink.”

― Haruki Murakami, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
DavidFerreira93
In: Candy White

Post by DavidFerreira93 »

Guess I'm changing my scirocco R colour [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Grande

Post by Grande »

Contrasting red seams for the safety belts
Porsche style seat belts? :)

Pretty cool!
markjp
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Electric 12 Way Seats, Smoking Pack, 90% Rear Tint, Gloss Back Door Mirrors

Post by markjp »

Does anyone know whether the new Dash and Infotainment system will be rolled out to the rest of the Scirocco range?
kentech

Post by kentech »

markjp wrote:Does anyone know whether the new Dash and Infotainment system will be rolled out to the rest of the Scirocco range?
Yes, from MY 2016 in all Scirocco's as it says in the presser; "7. Modular infotainment matrix (MIB II) available for all Scirocco models from the end of May"

This is the the latest generation of infotainment systems from VW.
kentech

Post by kentech »

Some new stuff on the Volkswagen.de configurator for MY2016 now;

- New Club version, with e.g. a new Bright Yellow pearleffect paint and new Ravenna wheels available in 8x17 and 8x18 sizes. It also has a new Laser yellow-Titan black interior.
- New GTS also available on the configurator now
- All versions available with the new media/navigation systems
+ some other new options

Club version in Bright Yellow and new Ravenna wheels:

GTS in Black with Lugano wheels and without the stupid stripes...

kentech

Post by kentech »

New colour GTS at IAA

And an R as well in a colour it's not been available in so far...

Astrix
I drive a: R-Line
In: Salsa Red

Post by Astrix »

I've always wondered why the R wasn't available in the red. It looks great imo
DAN180Y
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

kentech wrote:New colour GTS at IAA

And an R as well in a colour it's not been available in so far...

these 2 look lush :D
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
robinalex
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Cruise control
Pano Roof
RNS315
Winter pack (heated seats / headlight washers)
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Electric seats
Parking Sensors
Bi-Xenon headlights with cornering lights
K&N filter
H&R 35mm
12.5mm Black anodised hubcentric spacers
Milltek Non-res catback
R-Tech Stage 1

Post by robinalex »

Do you think that GTS grille badge will fit my 2013 GTS?
dp557
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by dp557 »

that black and yellow interior actually looks good!
Crispy Duck
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Winter Pack, DCC, Multifunction Colour Display, Car-Net App-Connect, Cruise Control, Folding Door Mirrors.

Post by Crispy Duck »

The new GTS is now available in the UK

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/scirocc ... /2431/2432
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Surprised it's 220PS and not 230PS
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Cuprabob wrote:Surprised it's 220PS and not 230PS
You predicted correctly Bob that the 220PS engine would appear in the GTS, but yes - I am a little surprised that they don't offer the 230PS variant. Always seems that VW are reluctant to bring the Scirocco completely inline with the Golf in terms of power outputs, albeit we are talking fractions.
roc82

Post by roc82 »

skippy wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:Surprised it's 220PS and not 230PS
You predicted correctly Bob that the 220PS engine would appear in the GTS, but yes - I am a little surprised that they don't offer the 230PS variant. Always seems that VW are reluctant to bring the Scirocco completely inline with the Golf in terms of power outputs, albeit we are talking fractions.
Could be due to lower margin of Scirocco compared to Golf :(