Time to say goodbye!

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Blade&roc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Time to say goodbye!

Post by Blade&roc »

Hi guys/girls,
Owning my black 09' 2.0tsi for 3 & half years has flown by. It has never let me down even with the Revo remap and it's been a lot of fun to drive. However, now that I'm changing my car, I can now confess my negatives.
The fog light surrounds aren't the best. They are stubborn to remove and even though I was careful I actually broke one in the process!
The paint is not that deep (confirmed by a detailer), I also started to get rust bubbling through under the tailgate hatch and on the drivers side wing.
Traction in 1st gear with the remap is useless. Racing at the lights doesn't start until 2nd gear!
Apart from that reliability has been flawless and I still think they're a great looking car.
All the best motoring and cherishing your Rocs.
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Re: Time to say goodbye!

Post by Stu13R »

Blade&roc wrote:Hi guys/girls,
Owning my black 09' 2.0tsi for 3 & half years has flown by. It has never let me down even with the Revo remap and it's been a lot of fun to drive. However, now that I'm changing my car, I can now confess my negatives.
The fog light surrounds aren't the best. They are stubborn to remove and even though I was careful I actually broke one in the process!
The paint is not that deep (confirmed by a detailer), I also started to get rust bubbling through under the tailgate hatch and on the drivers side wing.
Traction in 1st gear with the remap is useless. Racing at the lights doesn't start until 2nd gear!
Apart from that reliability has been flawless and I still think they're a great looking car.
All the best motoring and cherishing your Rocs.
Not sure what year but was told by a VW head mech that traction was improved after 2011 due sensors and some changes of hardware and mapping on the DSG models. Are you still running standard tyres and suspension?

I have to say I have never seen a rust Rocco of any year. :eyepop:
Blade&roc

Post by Blade&roc »

It was lowered on eibach springs sitting on 19" gunmetal RS6 et33 alloys. It had Maxxis tyres fitted and it was a manual. It really shifted and embarrassed more powerful cars but traction in first was not good!
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I too had issues with rust bubbling under the tailgate of my 2011 Scirocco and had to get VW to sort it under warranty last year.
Blade&roc

Post by Blade&roc »

Nice to know it wasn't just mine then. Although, in my case, unless you clean around the inside of the tailgate you would never see it anyway!