DCC/XDS

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Tallguy

DCC/XDS

Post by Tallguy »

Am thinking of replacing my current 2.0 GT with the facelift model. Now it is an £820 extra, is adjustable suspension (DCC) worth having? Also is the XDS diff. lock a good investment?
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Re: DCC/XDS

Post by Stu13R »

I have adaptive suspension and like it, although its a personal thing as a lot prefer coil overs. I like the fact you can still have lowered springs if you don't go too low.

I have no experience myself on the diff side, but have heard from a Golf buddy who does a lot of track days that the Quaife diff he has is better than the VW uprated one he had previously. I ran a Cossie with a Quaife diff and it was superb, even with over 400whp.

What a great feeling going and upgrading your car. :) :yes:
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

It is worth test driving both. Nearly made the mistake of testing a golf GTI with DCC and thinking that the 'normal' setting would be what the standard car feels like. Fortunately did a second test drive and specified DCC as a result. Find it gives the best of both worlds - good cruising and changing settings gives good feedback when you want it :D
Jnorgate
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
Options: R-Line
Xenons
RNS 510
Dynaudio
Cruise
XDS
Black Leather
Black Lugano Alloys
Folding Mirrors
Colour Multifunctional Display
Carbon Wrapped Mirrors
Previously Owned GT 170

Post by Jnorgate »

I have owned one with DCC and one without and to be honest I can hardly tell the difference. The new Facelift version drives better than the old one anyways. I found my 2010 rocco jumped around a lot at the back.
I also have the XDS on the Facelift version which does help when you put the power on when going around a corner.
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Post by andyy »

Looking at VW configurator it seems that DCC and XDS is a standard option now!
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

If you plan on putting coilovers on then skip the DCC and put that £800 towards some decent coilovers.
DCC is good and you can absolutely feel the difference.

XDS I wouldn't pay for as you can enable it in VCDS.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

XDS is only a clever way of combining existing electronic sensors such as ABS etc and cannot be compared with non-electronic diffs like Quaife. Would not bother if not free. DCC is adaptive so whichever mode it is set at it will still have a range of settings depending on such things as road conditions, throttle position and level sensors. The 'normal' setting is therefore not comparable to the set up of a non-DCC car. Worth test driving both before making a decision if it is an extra.