2 Facelift Roccos on eBay UK

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Jason81
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: - Rear Parking Sensors
- Parrot Bluetooth
- LED Sidelights

2 Facelift Roccos on eBay UK

Post by Jason81 »

Just seen these two facelifts:

Interesting seeing the updated design:

1. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-Volkswag ... 3ce7e31407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Bluemotion R Line)

2. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Sc ... 4adc4ee8e7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (TDi GT 140 Bhp)

Have yet to see one in the flesh yet, though looking forward to spotting one soon on the roads :)
Lewis Miller
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue

Re: 2 Facelift Roccos on eBay UK

Post by Lewis Miller »

Very nice, haven't seen one on the road yet either.
RocPaperScissors
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Night Blue
Options: Facelift GT 184
Titan Black Alcantara/Cloth Upholstry
DCC
Reverse Camera
Folding Mirrors
Winter Pack
Cruise
Lisbon Alloys

Post by RocPaperScissors »

Nice find!

Couple here too:
http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Sciroc ... =se_na_re_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Sciroc ... =se_na_re_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine is supposedly being built this week so hopefully not too long until it arrives.
Jason81
- Parrot Bluetooth
- LED Sidelights

Post by Jason81 »

I'd have to say, not too keen on the bumper updates, they look squarish, much prefer the curves of the original design. Also would rather be without the 3 dials on the inside dash.

However I do like the practical updates such as Front Parking sensors, the rear badge tailgate opener, the LED headlights, the engines will be more fuel efficient and return more mpg.

Looking forward to spotting one on the roads :)
Jason81
- Parrot Bluetooth
- LED Sidelights

Post by Jason81 »

RocPaperScissors wrote:Nice find!

Couple here too:
and

Mine is supposedly being built this week so hopefully not too long until it arrives.
Nice! :yes: I bet you can't wait :)
robb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White

Post by robb »

if you've had a chance to look around the facelift version , the dials are really quite naff, the whole boost gauge etc might be great for running high power or you're youth street racer but they look very fast and furious inside the car ontop of the dash, the only positive is that they are clearly an insert into the original dash ( a trim line around the whole gauge unit) so i imagine you can get rid of them and replace with a plastic blank sheet in the dash
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Seriously, hands down prefer the one I have. The original non-facelift MKIII.

The steering wheel is better on the 2010+ (sorry, don't like the original one with the round buttons)
The rear bumper of first link looks horrific
I think the original front bumper looks more aggressive and suited
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Saw a white gt in preston yesterday . New steering wheel looks good but overall I prefer the pre face lift. New one doesnt look as aggressive
etotheip
With a: DSG box
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

Saw one on Saturday in Solihull. Different
Still going strong =)
Jason81
- Parrot Bluetooth
- LED Sidelights

Post by Jason81 »

Ryy wrote:Seriously, hands down prefer the one I have. The original non-facelift MKIII.
Agreed, as the old saying goes "If it's not broken, don't fix it", and the MKIII is a beautiful design.

However will be interesting to see what VW will design when they release the new Scirocco MKIV in 2017.
AgaZaKa
In: Viper Green

Post by AgaZaKa »

I may have to rethink the idea of getting new one. Have some time so maybe it will grow on me, but right now, I don't like it.
Scirocco mk2 GTI 1983 & Scirocco mk3 2.0 TSI DSG Viper Green (sold)
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Agreed - having seen a few pictures of them now, I am struggling to like it. I still prefer the pre-facelift model, but they really didn't need to add those dash top dials.
F1_STAR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Silver Leaf

Post by F1_STAR »

I agree with the majority of you guys, not too keen on the rear bumper, and the gauges on the inside won't be everyone's cup of tea, looks tacky... Engines are a positive, the same chassis, nothing much more to shout about. As much as I like driving the Scirocco, I probably wouldn't get another one.... a recent or near new Audi TT would be a nice alternative.
flashash
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

On the original pictures I thought they looked ok but when u go see them for real it's a different story. Dissapointing
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

flashash wrote:On the original pictures I thought they looked ok but when u go see them for real it's a different story. Dissapointing
Well, they do say it's in the eye of the beholder, since in the flesh they look sharper and a little fresher to me, and the R's front more aggressive. However, I have decided I can't live with the aftermarket look of the dashboard dials. That, coupled with the number of questionably modded Rs I've seen around, is beginning to make me feel that the next step for me will likely be the less charismatic, more grown up S3 - at some point. Still very much enjoying my Roc, however, and still think it looks a smart car on most occasions.
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

So it's looking like a bit of a collective thumbs down for the facelift Roc Gents? A bit of a disappointment I must admit. :(
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Was driving home tonight from work and a blue scirocco r went past going the other direction. Im 99% sure it was the facelift model. Was a 64 plate. Actually looked quite nice
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
sulley-eire
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: sunroof alarm tech pack

Post by sulley-eire »

im new here looking to buy my first a new sirocco in a bit of dilemma .live in Ireland I saw a 2014 sport model not( r version ) pre face lift for sale 26 500 euro in silver only 300 km realy like look of it .but then I see the new facelift model in red for 28.500 euro ..I prefer the silver car but for the extra few euros do I go for the red as it includes technology pack(toch screen radio 6 disc cd changer )and few other little bits and think it says a sport pack, its a ex demo with 2k kilometres .with the better 150 hp engine . as people said don't like extra dials in the dash . so what to do go with heart go with silver or go with head go with the red which I realy like to by the way just like the preface lift look .what would u guys do .thoughts please up all night thinking about it .need help
soshe

Post by soshe »

The extra dial pod looks just like the one on the Beetle.

I guess they have a shedload of them, and as the Beetle is a poor seller, I suppose they had to use them elsewhere.

Shame they put 'em on the Scirocco! :D
NJ1161
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White
Options: Xenons.

Post by NJ1161 »

Several on vw used car section also now. Not seen one on the road yet though.